Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nike Hypervenom Phelon firm ground boots €18.49 (Free delivery code in comments)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Code FREEDEL292 seems to work for free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Don't even need them but got them anyway(couldn't resist that price). Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TheGreenMile

18:49€ incl del, cheers OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Had no reason to buy these but for that price wow :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Can't go wrong at that price, thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Thanks op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Didn't need them, but couldn't turn them down at that price!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Shall i buy 1 size down ? Any idea about fitting ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

THX OP & TriStar6. Got one pair orange/black. Thinking now to buy one blue/white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

tharmor wrote: »
    Shall i buy 1 size down ? Any idea about fitting ?

My experience with Nike Tiempo boots is that they fit true to size. Never tried hypervenom, I went with normal size

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Are these for grass or astro turf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Same here don't really need em but at that price 18.50 delivered a no brainer.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Soo don't need these, but soo bought them.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Bought them should have spotted the code :( but still at €23 a great deal still thanks op :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Hococop wrote: »
    Bought them should have spotted the code :( but still at €23 a great deal still thanks op :)

I've changed title now. I suppose you could try and cancel the order and re-order again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Thanks for sharing this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I've changed title now. I suppose you could try and cancel the order and re-order again?

Na not worth the effort, as my brother said its only a fiver, still a great deal regardless :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Thanks OP. Great price. Better prepare myself for the merciless slagging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Thanks OP your going to make one ten year old very happy in the n ear future when his feet grow a bit !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I don't play footy but I passed this onto a few guys here and they have just purchased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GimmeG

Are these for grass or astro turf?

Firm Ground (FG) boots are ideally suited for hard natural ground surfaces. Because of the weather you'll mainly wear them in spring or summer, but if happen to be somewhere drier you may get use of them all season. Below we have the most popular Hard/Firm boots right now: (Nicked from some website)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Great find, good Sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭septicsac

Nice 1 OP, cracker

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Trying to order but getting an error for wrong postal code. What should i put in there to make it work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Getting billing address error also..and tried 2 different credit cards

edit - took out the postcode altogether and left that blank and it worked

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

jay0109 wrote: »
    Getting billing address error also..and tried 2 different credit cards

edit - took out the postcode altogether and left that blank and it worked

Yes did the same and worked fine. Thanks to the OP for this cracking deal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

I have boots already, but 18 quid for these? Couldn't say no, thanks OP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

Bruised the sh1te out of my foot last night playing on rock solid ground. these will do nicely. Serious Alert. Thank You OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Bought both colors different sizes simply because the economy is improving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Bollocks, I'm too late to the party. No size 11 left.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just to try help out anybody on the fence.
    these are seemly recommended for astro turf users too.

http://blog.kitbag.com/which-football-boot-is-right-for-you/

EDIT : seems the phrasing range has an artificial range too so I may be wrong.

http://m.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/mobile/en/product/nike-hypervenom-phelon-artificial-grass-football-boots-red/145245?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=NikeHypervenom&Portal=kitbagblog

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Thanks OP just spent 40 quid on a pair but bought these anyway. Couldnt leave them behind for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Unbelieveable value to be fair.

I couldn't do it though. I'd have to kick my own ass if I saw myself in them!

I'll stick to the Puma Kings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Another buyer here - thanks OP and Tristar! Serious value!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Thanks Op

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

Thanks op Ordered 2 pairs great bargain

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks OP. I've ordered a pair for astro. If they don't work out I'll go back to wearing my flossy's :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Masala

Thanks to OP again..... Just bought a pair for Son. He likes to have 2 pairs in bag..... Makes him feel like Ronaldo!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭corks finest

TriStar6 wrote: »
    Code FREEDEL292 seems to work for free delivery
    code works,thanks,great deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Smurph90

nice one thanks. I didnt even need new boots but at 18 quid you cant say no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,103 ✭✭✭amacca

Thanks OP

I too will soon be the proud owner of a pair of bright orange football boots with not even 1% of the talent necessary to draw that much attention to myself.

But I shall console myself with the thought of all the extra euros I would have had to spend on a less conspicuous pair of boots as I endure the inevitable jibes/taunts and disdainful looks from those who assume I spent much more on being a dandy footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Thank you OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Wow very surprised to be able to still get in on this.

The Hypervenom Phelon are the second stadard of 3 types of Hypervenom, Phaze being the most basic, then Phelon, then Phantom which would be what the Pros wear.

For €18 that is a fantastic bargain, and as someone who has never used Nike's Vapor line before (I love my Adidas F50/Predator) it gives me a chance to try it out and it's also a brilliant pair of boots to have in the car as a spare in case someone shows up for a match/astro with no boots. You'd actually be surprised how often that happens.

Saw the bargain on Friday and thought "Ah I don't needs new boots just yet" but then kind of regretted it and assumed I missed out, chanced my arm and got a pair of the orange in size 10.

Cheers for the alert OP. Looking forward to giving these a go now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭sue97

Thanks OP, bought these for my daughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

Cheers OP - just ordered - serious bargain at €18.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭brian2614

Anyone got a pair of size 9's that they bought and don't want I will gladly take them for my nephew only 8.5 left.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 PeeDawg

Thank Op. Another purchase here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

brian2614 wrote: »
    Anyone got a pair of size 9's that they bought and don't want I will gladly take them for my nephew only 8.5 left.

there is an orange size 9 left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

brian2614 wrote: »

If he's a 9 and they have 8.5's left I'd chance it. I'm normally a 10.5, often wear 11 in boots as my feet are quite wide, but I've bought a size 10. For the price I think it's worth the risk.

Also, a little tip that I know a lot of people do when they get new Vapors, is to put them on your feet and submerge them in a bucket of warm water. Nike's Vapor line (of which the Hypervenoms are a part) are notorious for blisters when they are new out the box, so many people break them in this way, as it loosens up the material and makes the boot a bit softer. It's important to let them air dry after, as if you use a hairdryer or something it can damage the glue that holds the boot together.

In fact I think Cristiano Ronaldo posted on his Instagram saying that he still does this with every new pair. If you search 'Cristiano Ronaldo water trick' you'll get a load of YouTube tutorials.

I'd order them, see if they fit, if they are a bit tight then grab a bucket and tell him to wear them in warm water while he's watching a match on TV or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement