Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do you think

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Why?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Why not?
    The 1.1L engine will find the heavy weight a burden and therefore use plenty of petrol.

Ask on http://www.pocuk.com/forums/index.php?c=8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

cheap little 4x4 hairdryer - if thats what you want?
    As its a jap impoert, just make sure everything works, including the 4wd. press every button inside - make sure your happy.
    Get underneath and check for oil leaks, not just at the engine but at the diffs too.
    And if you like it, haggle hard..........there are cheaper ones out there.........for less than 4k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

kbannon wrote: »
    Why not?

Because it seems like the combination of all of the worst bits of modern cars! It has the dodgy styling and poor image of a 4*4 without any of the compensatory prestige or power. A 1.1 engine is fair enough if it's a rev happy city car but in a big heavy off roader style car? A Jap import fair enough for something interesting / exotic (FTO, MX5 or whatever) but a 12 yr old jeep? Is it worth the risk of an import when you have no way of verifying the incredibly low mileage? And it's white!

I can think of dozens of reasons why to avoid this car like the plague but I genuinely cannot think of a single reason to buy it. If you really like the SUV thing then you can get a Freelander for 4 - 5k, if you like Japanese cars and the whole fake off road thing there is a 1997 CR-V on Carzone at the same price or if it's the economy of a small engine then you can pick up a high mileage 2003 Citroen C3 again for 4,500 on Carzone. Any of them would be better than...that!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I agree with that. I wouldn't touch one but then again I wouldn't touch several types of motor. However, if I was questioning someone's reasoning for wanting one I believe that would have given a longer response.

• Advertisement
Advertisement