Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vice city

Options
  • 02-12-2002 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭

Has anyone finished the game? I think it's much better then the last GTA but the missions are much harder. I stuck on the shakedown one where you have to do the hit and runs on the shops in the mail so that they pay you protection. actually i'm stuck on all the missions at the moment. But i'm enjoying trying them all the same. Vice city still get my vote for best game i ever played.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yes I agree...
    It's much improved on GTA3...
    Motorbikes, helicopters, sea-planes, golf carts..
    It's great..

WRT: the Shakedown mission, just make sure you've got full armour and health before starting the mission... Use a machine-gun to break the windows. Just keep firing and spray all of the windows together, instead of adjusting your position...

I'm at 48% and still having fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

I'm at 48% and still having fun

good, cause if you don't lever brothers won't give you your money back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Anyone know how many missions there are? Im 24% through it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I have to say that the Missions are a lot harder in Vice City, particularly the boat missions. I'm currently stuck on 2 boat missions (a race one and a stunt one) and I'm having trouble passing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I finished the game on 62% Mills, that's with all the pizza boy and vigilante missions passed and all property bought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Yeah I finally got a chance to start playing this and It's great. I'm about 27% complete doing the missions for that biker guy. The one where you have to get his hog back is mad :D

all four gta games are seriously over - rated ,

true playstation generation propaganda :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Want to give a reason for that or are you just trolling? Back it up or I delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

You're MAD and WRONG.

Only GTAIII and Vice City are widely considered to be classics and their success are little to do with propoganda, and more to do with them being good games. Please remember that GTAIII arrived with practically zero pre-release hype and the game sold pretty much on word-of-mouth alone. And sell it did.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by theciscokid

have you played all four games???

• Advertisement

no i'm just pretending to have played them, seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

But... that's not even a question!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

is it out on pc yet ???

Originally posted by Shinji
    Want to give a reason for that or are you just trolling? Back it up or I delete it.

well as he has said before...
    “heh heh, nothing wrong with a bit of healthy trollin' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Celt
    I finished the game on 62% Mills, that's with all the pizza boy and vigilante missions passed and all property bought.

62%?? what else was there left for you to do?

i'm on about 40% atm.

Phreak: what else was there left for you to do?

Probably:
    1) Finding all of the secret items
    2) Finding/Performing the insane jumps
    3) The auxilliary missions, e.g. Remote control helicopters, dirt-bike races, Ambulance/fire-trucks, etc..

Here's the complete list:

What you need for 100%:

All 21 Storyline missions completed
    All Assets completed
    All Cuban, Haitian, Love Fist, Biker, Avery Carrington, and Phil Cassidy
    missions completed
    All Phone missions completed (Assinations)
    All Hideouts owned
    All Checkpoint races completed
    All Street races completed (1st place)
    All Arena challenges completed (1st place)
    All RC challenges completed
    100 Hidden packages found
    36 Unique jumps completed
    35 Rampages completed
    Shooting Range completed
    Level 12 Vigilante completed
    Level 12 Paramedic completed
    Level 12 Firefigher completed
    Level 10 Pizza Boy completed
    100 Taxi passengers dropped off
    All 15 Stores robbed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

GTA 1 & 2 were out on the PC long before the playstation and were never massive hits.

GTA 3 was massive because it was a classic game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

*testing* her brothers xmas pressie :D Ps2 GTA vice city ,some wrestling game and Red faction 2.

Been playing GTA all day and my only problem is i dont own a PS2 and the control is doing my head in otherwise bloody awesome game ,improved on GTA with car control and possibly with player gimme a few more days with the controller and we see:)

KdjaC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Hmm, anyone got a list of all the assets?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I missed this post ,are you smoking crack ???

Do a search in boards forum GAMES on "GTA 3 " (use the * ) and look at the amount of posts regarding the PC version in May we nearly got our GTA 3 forum :D
    And not many here have PS2s and those literally hundreds of threads were posted in relation to the PC version(mostly it not working) .
    Its a class game again do you smoke crack???

KdjaC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Paulish

Whats everybodys max rotation on an insane jump? Miines 1620!! I hit the ramp that goes over a bridge near the Malibu Club, except I hit the pipes just to the side of it and just kept spinning! It looked so cool, wish you could have a 30 second replay thingy which you could save. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Does anyone else have a problem with the lack of missions VC? I finished the game in a week, while GTA3 took me 2 months to complete them all. Still a great game, and Game of the Year 2002, but the larger expanse of Vice City could have easily taken more missions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Playstation generation propoganda?Wow,it seems that the highly insulting and patronising term"MTV Generation"has now been replaced with the mighty Playstation.Whats next?The Eminem generation?The text message generation?
    Honestly,are you some sort of middle aged journalist who thinks they are smart by using these buzzwords?
    The first two GTA games on the original playstation were rubbish(well TBH I only played one but I heard the London one was much the same).The graphics were poor and the aerial viewpoint didnt suit at all.
    But GTA3 is a gaming legend.Absoloutely stunning.Ive not got GTA4 yet but I am hearing great things about it.
    So next time you decide to talk sh1te at least justify your opinion with evidence.

Originally posted by The Gopher
    But GTA3 is a gaming legend.Absoloutely stunning.Ive not got GTA4 yet but I am hearing great things about it.
    So next time you decide to talk sh1te at least justify your opinion with evidence.

it nice to hear you havent played GTA4, caus its not out, would you be thinking about GTA Vice City? :D

I think theciscokid has sense being warned about backing up his post and not just posting news with out comment, before that he was just trolling, most of what has come out of his post has being BS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

Does anyone have a list of property that you can buy? I've got 3 apartments, the ice-cream factory, film studio, boat-yard and taxi company and I'm saving up for the malibu and the print shop. Are there any more properties that I can buy? I haven't seen any but there could be some hidden ones.
    Also, just finished the film studio missions, absolutely brilliant especially G-spotlight!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

bah... I haven't even seen it yet... I won't be playing until the PC version comes out.

you will be waiting a long time then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Is there any future GTA games coming out or is Vice City the last one?
    And BTW are the cars slower in VC than in GTA3?Seeing as it is set in the 70s or 80s are there less speedy sportscars and the like?Or is the speed and cars as good as ever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

GTA4 is in development at the moment afaik.

Advertisement