Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digi-Box Problem

• 01-08-2005 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I am having a problem with my Digi-Box. When I have the phone line pluged in, every 2 minutes it goes online for one minute, then it hangs up. This is a real pain, as I am disabled, and find it difficult to plug the phone line in & out. It would be great if I could just leave it pluged in. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you over come it? My box is three years old. I have also unpluged the box, but I have still have the problem when I plug it back in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

irishdeej wrote:
    I am having a problem with my Digi-Box. When I have the phone line pluged in, every 2 minutes it goes online for one minute, then it hangs up. This is a real pain, as I am disabled, and find it difficult to plug the phone line in & out. It would be great if I could just leave it pluged in. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you over come it? My box is three years old. I have also unpluged the box, but I have still have the problem when I plug it back in.

Hi,
    Had this problem before, the box ran up a huge phone bill dialing up
    every 2 mins. has to do with telephone settings on your digibox.

Report this to sky, they will talk you through what to do or they
    will send someone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭irishdeej

djpaul wrote:
    Hi,
    Had this problem before, the box ran up a huge phone bill dialing up
    every 2 mins. has to do with telephone settings on your digibox.

Report this to sky, they will talk you through what to do or they
    will send someone out.

Would I get this fix on some website or bullet-in board? Because of my disability, I can't use the phone.

Thanks All.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Heinz

It sounds like it's trying to 'phone home' and is failing for some reason.

Personally, I'd just unplug the phone line but, if you need it plugged in (most people don't bother after the initial 12 months - during which you have to), check out the Telephone Setting in the Installers' Menu:

Services - 401 Select - Telephone Settings (the Dialling Prefix box should be empty). If you have to clear that box, don't forget to scroll down and Save New Settings afterwards.

Heinz wrote:
    It sounds like it's trying to 'phone home' and is failing for some reason.

Personally, I'd just unplug the phone line but, if you need it plugged in (most people don't bother after the initial 12 months - during which you have to), check out the Telephone Setting in the Installers' Menu:

Services - 401 Select - Telephone Settings (the Dialling Prefix box should be empty). If you have to clear that box, don't forget to scroll down and Save New Settings afterwards.

How do I get into the Telephone Settings?

irishdeej wrote:
    How do I get into the Telephone Settings?

Found it. The Telephone Settinng was already clear. Still have the same problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

irishdeej wrote:
    Found it. The Telephone Settinng was already clear. Still have the same problem.

Just leave it plugged out, do you really have need the phone section of the digibox???

Advertisement