Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re cheater

Options
  • 24-11-2014 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    looking for some advice. Started texting a guy I met online, we met up pretty quick and had like a really really great time, all above board. Met him again very soon after, got on really well again. I've been on ****ty dates and this definitely wasn't one of them.
    he has gone back to the UK, he works between here and there. He is home in a few weeks and want to meet me again. I'm delighted naturally. We have been talking on Whatsapp most days since he went back.
    Found him on Facebook pretty easily and well he has a girlfriend over there.
    Pretty ****ty, he seemed really genuine and I'd consider myself a pretty good judge of character and thought we really hit it off.

Anyway, just looking for advice of my next step, I'm thinking just stop contact completely?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Don't look at his profile again, delete his number, and move on. Lousey thing to do by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'd call him out on it. Be upfront, say you searched him in FB& found out he had a girlfriend. *then* say goodbye & good luck.
    If you just disappear with no explanation, you end up looking like the flakey one.
    Also, in case there's any chance you're mistaken, it allows him the chance to explain himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Dellnum

I agree to ask him out straight has he got a g/f. He could have, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't find you attractive and maybe he is falling for you. All you can do is ask him. He might be just trying to have someone in both countries for company, so you need to be aware of that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

OP facebook isn't the be all and end all for everyone. Perhaps he doesn't use it very often and forgot to change his status after a recent break up?

Maybe send an obvious post to him saying you enjoyed the date. If it gets deleted maybe he is trying to hide things.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭nadey

Block him off everything before you get too deep and develop feeling for him, he will probably give you the usual excuses it's difficult to her, I don't love her, we're not happy ect I wouldn't even waste another thought on the snake

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Leave a message on his timeline saying you can't wait for that date he promised you. What a snake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Anyway, just looking for advice of my next step, I'm thinking just stop contact completely?

Let's look at the logic. He is in a relationship with someone else while he had dates with you. Alot can be said about him but reality (and again logically) is that he is trying to pull the wool over your eyes and thinks you are none the wiser. Of course you since you found him on Facebook.

A, Tell him you know whats up. If he accepts that you know the score and moves on. So be it and you move on.
    B, If he tries to feed you a line of BS? send his girlfriend a message.
    Hi,
    Pretty ****ty, he seemed really genuine and I'd consider myself a pretty good judge of character and thought we really hit it off.

Don't be hard on yourself. Takes months to get to know someone. Let alone a person who can hide his actual life by travelling with his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

I would not think FB the be-all-end-all of defining who is doing what. Is it just because he is listed as 'being in a relationship' etc? I know both men and women who have such a status still listed, but who to all intents and purposes are really single in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Crets

He may have just forgot to change his status so if you talk to him and he does change it and put you it's a good thing right?

BUT have both eyes open cause he may not have forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Interesting point by the two posters above...
    Op, is it just "in relationship" that is displayed? or does it say "in relationship with... jane smith" (etc) and from photos it's clear there is a relationship?

• Advertisement
Advertisement