Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorised system

• 29-07-2005 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭

I have a manhattn 6800 with diseq 1.3
    A 0.3 db LNB
    A SM3D12 Satellite Motor
    1 Metre Dish

My co ordinates are 52.3 Latitude & 9.1 Long

I have set my motor angle to 52 degrees as per the instructions in the manual and my dish incline

I have set my motor to zero and have found 8 degrees west satellite (Telecom) getting a signal value of 78% Signal with 88% Quality

When I try to download from another satellite the dish moves ok .....
    I have tried to down load fron 5 East but get 79% signal with only 37% quality. Anything out side of this I get nothing at all.......

On the west side I can get 5 and 12 West out to 30 West no problems but again get nothing.......

What's happening....... I know that one I have this reading from the satellite and locked it off I am nearly there.......Please help

Many thanks

Jimmy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

what do you mean when you say you get nothing. can you not scan each satellite when you move to it. i would say it took me many hours to get motor set up from 30w to 30e .if the motor is not vertical you can tighten the bolts slowly by different amounts and you will get it vertical.thats what i did as the wall mount was a bit off.i have mine set up at 8w as well and i am in the midlands.i take it you have a cheapo sat finder which are a must for setting up a motor.when i was doing mine i left the sat finder connected to the motor (not recommended from what i read) and then i would quickly know how far out each satellite was. its a real tedious task setting up a motor and hopefully i will not have to do mine again.

Advertisement