Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

questionnaire about music in ireland

Options
  • 10-11-2014 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi! I'm doing a research about music in ireland. If you could, please answer the questionnaire for me. Please include age and gender. Thanks a lot.

Questionnaire:

1. What are the genres associated with music in Ireland? What is/are your favourite type (or types) of music? Have you a favourite band/group/singer/artist? Who, and why do you like them?

2. In your opinion, what are the influences on Irish music? For example, what influenced music in Ireland centuries ago? How about nowadays, what are the influences on contemporary music in Ireland?

3. Does Irish music influence other artists? Can you tell me how or give me some examples?

4. Have you a favourite Irish artist or artists? Who, and why do you like them? Have you ever seen them perform live in concert ? Where and when? Do you spend (much) money on buying their music?

5. Can you talk to me about traditional Irish music? Are there different elements in it – e.g. solo artists, groups, dancing music, singers, musicians, etc.?

6. Tell me about some traditional Irish instruments. Which of these instruments are your favourite(s) ?

7. Do you play any instrument(s) yourself? Which instrument(s)? When and where did you start to learn it? Did you want to learn it or were you encouraged to do so by, maybe, your parents or your school? Do you still play it? When, where and with whom?

8. If you never learned to play an instrument, is this something you regret? What would you like to play? Any chance that you might learn it at some future stage in your life?

9. What is the association or connection between Irish music and society? Do you perceive any association or connection between music and the Irish economy? As a part of Ireland’s culture and heritage, do you think Irish music is appealing to tourists and visitors? Is it something that would encourage them to visit Ireland, do you think?

10. Do you think music affects us? In what way? Do you listen to music often? How often and in what kind of circumstances? On a scale of 1 – 10, how important do you consider music to be in your life?

Advertisement