Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aircoach - Can you get on the 23:59 bus with a 01:00 ticket?

• 26-11-2015 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Does anyone know if I book a 01:00am ticket for this Saturday morning from Dublin to Cork, would I be able to use it on the 23:59 Friday night bus tomorrow night if there are seats available?

The problem is that's it's too late for me to book the 23:59 bus tomorrow night as you need to book before 17:00 the day before :-(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ebowdia wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Does anyone know if I book a 01:00am ticket for this Saturday morning from Dublin to Cork, would I be able to use it on the 23:59 Friday night bus tomorrow night if there are seats available?

The problem is that's it's too late for me to book the 23:59 bus tomorrow night as you need to book before 17:00 the day before :-(
    If there are seats free you might be allowed use your ticket an hour early, otherwise go for a pint or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

Thanks Foggy - I just wonder if there could be an issue with the buses technically being on different days. I'm sure it will be grand though...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I would call them to ask them, technically it is different days so the T&C's would suggest that you can't.

Your other choice is simply to pay the (higher) walk up cost.

Thanks devnull. I decided to buy the 1am tickets to ensure that we have a way back home. If there are seats on the 23:59 bus and we are left on with these tickets then great, if not we just have an hour to kill so not too bad, at least we have seats booked instead of talking the chance of just turning up and hoping for the best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

Have you tried to make the booking and did it stop you from booking the earlier time? I'm asking because I have often booked only a couple of hours in advance - last week I booked just 3 hours before I got on the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Depends on the route.

Same day bookings are now available on route 700 but others are still 17:00 the day before.

Plan worked, on the 23:59 bus, no hassles. Now to get some kip :-)

Advertisement