Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail student fare and ID

Options
  • 26-11-2015 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi all

I am hoping someone can help here.

I recently started a new course in UCD and received a student card, however, they are not issued it with a photo ID.

I read on the Irish Rail website that just a valid student ID is required to purchase student fares.

Does my student ID need to have a photograph on it to avail of the student fare?

Just want to make sure before I purchase.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,671 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Sammy96 wrote: »
    Hi all

I recently started a new course in UCD and received a student card, however, they are not issued it with a photo ID.

I read on the Irish Rail website that just a valid student ID is required to purchase student fares.

Does my student ID need to have a photograph on it to avail of the student fare?

Thanks

Is your name on the card? if so you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Sammy96 wrote: »
    Hi all

Thanks

Any college ID is fine for single or return tickets but if you want a seasonal(Weekly/Monthly) ticket you need an ID from certain listed colleges or a valid Leap Student Travelcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Why does your student card not have a photo? Any UCD student card/staff card I have ever had has had a photograph on the right hand side..?

Advertisement