Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I panicing unnecessarily?

Options
  • 20-06-2008 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

The night before last I slept with a man. We used a condom but not at the very beginning. I am 37 years old and my period finished five days before this. I am worried that there may be a chance that he might have released a bit before full ejaculation (I have no idea if he did or not). Should I take a morning after pill (or am I in the so-called safe period?)
    thanks in advance for answers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Yes, even though the chances of pregnancy may be slight. You should also consider an STI check as well.

The morning after pill is most effective when taken within 72 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd say yes mainly for peace of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Gumbyman

Peace of mind indeed. Just do it and don't think about it anymore. And next time be more careful! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Id get the mornign afetr pill and deffo an STI check! Just to be safe!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

boscita wrote: »
    (or am I in the so-called safe period?)
    There is no so-called safe period. Safer, maybe. But not foolproof safe.

Take the m.a. pill and you wont have to worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It's hard for us to answer that.
    How long is your cycle ?
    Do you have a 28 day cycle, for example ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Top_Drawer wrote: »
    It's hard for us to answer that.
    How long is your cycle ?
    Do you have a 28 day cycle, for example ?

We're not doctors and cannot answer even with such specific information. Each cycle is unique as it is. All we can say is that there is always some statistical chance of pregnancy with unprotected intercourse, as well as a chance of STIs.

Advertisement