Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girl/Guy trouble thread.

• 19-06-2008 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Well I know I have a load of questions to ask when it comes to relationships, but to be honest I didn't really want to keep making multiple threads for little questions, and I figured I wasn't alone on this.

So I decided to make a PI chat thread for relationships.

I'm not saying people shouldn't make threads on the subject, but say, I have a small issue here:

My girlfriend seems to always put her friends in front of me all the time and it's starting to hurt me, I know it sounds selfish, but she will cut dates short to see her friends....

Any thoughts? Didn't want to make a whole thread to it just a small question, so others feel free to post yours.

Same rules apply from the charter and what not, and remember, respect others.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Schnooks

Ginger

My first post here (yay!:D)

I am guessing you are quite young cos this sounds like quite a young girl that cuts dates short to be with her friends.

How long have you been going out? Seems like it could be quite a new relationship and she may still be nervous about being alone with you for protracted periods and doesn't really understand what it means to be going out with someone.

I have no worthwhile advice to give you, except try and broach the subject with her and ask why does she run off to her friends. Whether you should do this or not depends on how long you have been together i.e. if it's 2 weeks then don't, if it's 6 months then do.

As for my situation, it would take a good 3 pages to fully describe what I have going on - the words "walking disaster area" would be a good start to describe me :o

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Well capatin, I am a woman so i might be able to shed light on this.
    Women in groups are a funny bunch. Her friends may be putting pressure on her and maybe she feels torn? Often women will do that when someone meets a man. Then they test them to see will they be prepared to spend time with their friends... In fact I read a whole thread on that kind of stuff yest. She probably feels torn between you and her buddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

In my opinion girlfriends should always put their man first and let their friends take the back seat in their life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

My ex was like that. We would make plans well in advance and then her mates would ring and she would cancle with me to do stuff with them. I don't know if she wanted to do it or was just pressured into it by her friends.

Either way, thats why she is now an ex i guess.

Do you really want to be with a chick who

a) can't dedicate a bit of time to you.
    b) is so easily swayed because she wants to keep everyone happy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

In my opinion girlfriends should always put their man first and let their friends take the back seat in their life.

No, No, No, No. You should always be on an equal footing with the friends. There is no way that she should ignore her friends for you but i also don't agree that she cuts her time with you short to go see them. Maybe you should try making friends with them too and ask if you could come along as you would like to spend more time with her and as they're her friends you'd love to get to know them more.

A woman should never have to choose between her bf and her friends, that just makes things complicated and very unfair for the woman involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Well I suppose it all depnds on where your relationship is it too. Like I would try and make time for my friends at every opportunity, but my man lives in Dublin and we are engaged so really he takes prority. I think I have a good balance and maybe I'm lucky.

I mean CG is it every date she does this?

How often do you see her?

Advertisement