Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DBA Host

Options
  • 09-12-2005 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Anyone know if these guys are still around?

There are a few links around the board to them but as the web site can't be accessed no point in linking!

Basically I recently parted with a few quid for some hosting and now I get no response from them and I can't get at their website.

Looks like they've gone out of business, but I can't find any information anywhere.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Last time I heard they were still in business, but I can't tell you anymore than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Torak

Cheers,

It's exactly a month since I heard from them that my domain was set up and may take a few days to propogate to the internet!

Emailed them a few times in the interim, but no response.

I can't see my site and I decide to day to start following it up with a bit more vigour and I can't access the web site. (They cashed my cheque tho)

Not much I can do either way, but it's a bit of a crap way to do business if they are still in business.

Is your site online?

blacknight wrote:
    Is your site online?

Nope. That's the problem. It's not set up.

I just checked availability on the name to be sure on another hosting site and it still shows up as available.

I guess I have to cut my losses...

I'd just like to know if the company is still around or not, cause if they are still around I would hassle them for my money back to try and get somewhere decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Administrative Contact:
    Georgieva, Olga info@dballiance.ie
    Norht Point House
    North Point Business Park
    New Mallow Road
    Cork City, County Cork cork
    IE
    +353.214398300

• Advertisement

Looks like their site is back online now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Did you use the trouble ticket system or just email em? You'll get a better reponse via the ticket.

Cheers for the help everyone.

System is back on line now, however confidence is seriously shaken.

There was not even an apology from the people in question.
    Did you use the trouble ticket system or just email em? You'll get a better reponse via the ticket.

Not trying to be smart, but there was no website available to use any ticketing system :(

How does a hosting company just disappear from the internet for days?

Once again, thanks to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Torak wrote:
    Cheers for the help everyone.

System is back on line now, however confidence is seriously shaken.

There was not even an apology from the people in question.

Not trying to be smart, but there was no website available to use any ticketing system :(

How does a hosting company just disappear from the internet for days?

Once again, thanks to all.

Lol ya, I spose it would be difficult enough :D

Advertisement