Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elective sections in Coombe Semi-Private?

Options
  • 29-04-2011 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

For reasons I can’t go into, I will need to have a section (non-medical grounds) on my first baby. I had planned to go private in the Coombe but have found that my health insurance may leave a big shortfall (aside form the consultants fees) if I end up having a section.

Do the consultants do ‘elective’ sections if you go the semi-private option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Very few doctors will do truly elective c-sections, even if going private, unless you go to Mount Carmel. I know you don't want to go into why you are getting one, but can you get a letter from a doctor/ psychiatrist saying it is recommended (even if for psychological reasons)?

Advertisement