Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transformes - Takara DVD

• 21-07-2002 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

WTF is this???

For once, I am stumped :DClick here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Afaik, its Japanese Transformers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    Afaik, its Japanese Transformers.

Oooooh ... is that that trailer clip thingy attached to the Tranformers Season 1 boxed set?

Got the opening credits for some wierd manga transformers thingy with big swords n'sh*t??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

i saw a badly dubbed ep of this, i think it was on my special edition copy of Transformers : The movie, afaik the series was never shown here, and after seeing one ep all I can say is thank féck. Twas utter shyte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Jimi-Spandex
    i saw a badly dubbed ep of this, i think it was on my special edition copy of Transformers : The movie, afaik the series was never shown here, and after seeing one ep all I can say is thank féck. Twas utter shyte

No . I don't think it was that Jimi. That was an episode introducing the headmasters (and shamelessly plugging every other toy out there already)

The thing on the Boxed set was part of a collection of the opening credits for various continents, and seasons (pre and post movie). It was VERY manga looking, now that I think about it. I suspect that was "Takara"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Here tis even cheaper.

I think Jimi is right it is the same as the episode on the Movie.

Four Soldiers From The Sky: The evil Deceptions led by Galvatron decide to take control of the Sigma computer which will finally lead them to victory. To this end they launch a vicious attack on Cybertron. As the Autobots fight back a mysterious ship appears... but are those on board friend or foe?

That's the episode on the movie DVD I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Thats definately the one, I recognise the ep title. I have the special edition VHS tape and its on that. dubbing was terrible, so so so so bad. I think the one actor did all the voices.

/me shudders at the memory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

lol - yeah grimlocks voice on the dubbed clip was awful.

and the story didnt seem to make any sence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

You'll almost certainly find, if it was dubbed a long time ago, that nobody on the team writing the English script actually spoke any Japanese. This happened LOTS with stuff that was exported in the 80s and to a degree in the early 90s. They'd buy rights to an anime that looked cool, and then make up a story to fit with the pictures - or hack the images around to fit a story they already had in mind, as was the case with Robotech.

The only place this has ever worked successfully is Samurai Pizza Cats, where they made no attempt to hide the fact that they had no idea what had been going on in the Japanese version and thus ended up with an utterly hilarious show...

Advertisement