Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Elephant Man

• 16-07-2002 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

I recorded this a few days ago and only got round to watching it today. I really enjoyed it - great acting from Hopkins as usual, nice use of music and beautiful cinematography.

Anybody else see it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

I saw it years ago. When John Hurt tried to show Anthony Hopkins that he could speak i nearly wept it was so affecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by plastic membrane
    I saw it years ago. When John Hurt tried to show Anthony Hopkins that he could speak i nearly wept it was so affecting.

Aye, great film! It even managed to use Barbers 'adagio for strings' six years before Platoon picked up on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I saw it for the first time the other day, and my god it was brilliant!
    Had me in tears in parts.

Once especially potent teargasser of a scene was when Hopkins brought him into his house.

Advertisement