Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

• 08-07-2002 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

watched the texas chainsaw massacre last night. just had to see what all the hype was about years ago when it was banned.

after watching it i can now see how it scared the crap out of the film censor board when it was originaly released.

it is truely a disturbing movie. it manages to keep you on the edge of your seat from start to finish. although it is a freaky and some what weird moive there is very little gore/blood/guts in the movie. the director Tobe Hooper did an amazing job scaring the audience without gruesome special effects.

quote taken from the offical website
    Tobe Hooper had hoped that he was making a PG film.This is perhaps one reason why much of the actual violence and gore are implied rather than seen

i found the movie very short, just over 1hr long but worth every minute.

in my opinion it was a great moive

has any one else seen it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Yep, excellent movie. Saw it in the IFC when it was rereleased a year or so back. Prity disturbing movie, The deaths are so nasty. Dont go into the house you fool!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I saw it in the IFC when it got a release here also.
    It's well worth watching, one of the best horror films I've ever seen. It's probably one of the only films I've ever seen where the audience came out with a "What the hell was that" expression on their faces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

in my opinion it is now up there with Event Horizon as one of the most scariest and mind fu<king movies ever.

i cant believe the director was trying to make it a PG movie.
    if i showed it to my little brother or sister they would never sleep again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

My arse was TCM ment to be anything less than 18's.

For all those that liked the first film,the second is more of the same only with Dennis Hopper.

The 3rd is pure ****e.Havent seen the 4th but it looks like alot more was spent on it effects and style wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Have to say I loved this film. Any movie that has the balls to kill a guy in a wheelchair gets my vote straight away! I remember seeing this film about two years ago with someone special and thinking 'Wow Halloween is my favorite time of the year!' Respect to Tobe Hooper!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Originally posted by Rabies
    Event Horizon

Event Horizon is a bog standard movie. Was bored all the way through.

"It's all dark!!11"

Scary indeed. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Saw TCM and was very bored. It didn't scare me one bit and I found myself being annoyed by the crappy camera and stupid teenagers. The infamy was not deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

****ing great flick, a taste of Texas bbq at its finest. Granddad trying to whack the chicks skull – hilarious.

Advertisement