Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who whistled

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

maccored wrote: »
    in there again, just three of us. I personally locked all the doors so we were the only people there. I have no idea where this clanging noise (sounds like scaffolding to me) is coming from. It was very loud and inside the centre - but we couldnt find anything at all to replicate it.

http://leinsterparanormal.com/may/sound.mp3

For f*ck sake! I'm getting no sleep tonight,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Hotale.com wrote: »
    For f*ck sake! I'm getting no sleep tonight,

Genuinely I have no idea where or what that was. It was so loud we should have seen whatever was causing it as it was happening close enough. I searched all around the centre but couldnt find anything whatsoever. Its definitely internal, and it was definitely within the centre itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Genuinely I have no idea where or what that was. It was so loud we should have seen whatever was causing it as it was happening close enough. I searched all around the centre but couldnt find anything whatsoever. Its definitely internal, and it was definitely within the centre itself.

Definitely sounds somewhat metallic. Ever hit a hurley off a lampost? That's what I first thought of

Reminds me of scaffolding.

this has popped up in review as well - Ive ran about 12 hours of video form that same spot and angle and never captured a light before. Light does come in the windows shown in the vid, but they normally reflect on the far wall. this seems to be either reflecting off the same wall that the windows are on, or in the air between the camera and the wall. the windows on the far wall are part of the internals of the centre so there shouldnt be any light coming in through them (since they are on the second floor).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

That looks like some sort of surge of energy, almost like a white flame that extinguishes itself. Can't see where that would be coming from at all. Very interesting..

the only thing I can think of - and again, its not something ive ever noticed happening before, but its something to test - is that light from outside reflects off the glass off one of the far windows and reflects back. To be fair, I would expect to see that much more often as the town centre is outside the windows, but its something to try and test next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

the only thing I can think of - and again, its not something ive ever noticed happening before, but its something to test - is that light from outside reflects off the glass off one of the far windows and reflects back. To be fair, I would expect to see that much more often as the town centre is outside the windows, but its something to try and test next time.

In 12 hours of video, did this occur just once? If so, you would assume that the possibility of what you have described is a rare occurence, eg: not passing car headlights refracted reflection, but possibly a lightning strike or similar.

So what other types of light sources are rare? Or possibly a set of "normal" occurrences that combine at the same time to produce a rare occurrence?

However it seems to me, the white flash, seems to be in the room, and not reflected off a surface? In its genre, its as good as I've seen. Great share...thanks.

I have caught a spark of light before on video, in the same area but away from the windows. It was too quick though, and it was impossible to say it wasnt an artifact of the recording. There has also been reports of lights flashing in the place. Ive never noticed any light reflect like that, on that particular wall before. We have seen light whilst there, but normally on the opposite walls and always traceable to light coming in those windows (there are three) along that wall. Those windows are the only sources for car lights, so I cant fathom how the light on that video seems to be on the same wall as the windows. If it is, then that rules out the light source coming from those windows. Unless of course it has managed to reflect off something else and rebound. I have 4 hours of video from last night from that particular view point, plus another 8 from previous visits, and I havent seen any light like that before in any of the other recordings.

• Advertisement

i tried to recreate that light using a flashlight last night, but no joy. No light at all from downstairs in the centre reaches that wall or area. We also heard that clanging noise again - almost certainly coming from inside the locked cafe. it's like someone washing pots and pans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭screamer

The cafe is famous there for activity, I've heard many stories. Just wondering Maccored, have you ever investigated McDonagh Junction in Kilkenny, I can PM you some info if you'd like.....

Ive heard stories of McDonagh Junction, though nothing definitive.

we've never captured much audio or video in the cafe before it changed hands. These days its locked after hours, though Im sure that when I get the chance to put in recorders, the sounds will start somewhere else thats locked up. We recorded voices from inside the supermarket at one stage - but yet again, the supermarket had alarms set and was locked, so we couldnt go any further.

Advertisement