Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Hunting Team Dublin Wanted

Options
  • 18-03-2014 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,
    i used to be with a team ghost hunting around dublin, we did over 200 investigations in a well known dublin castle.

trying to see if anyone interested in starting up a new team?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 invaliduser

Hi, I would be interested! Feel free to pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hey what team were you with previously. Id be interested in doing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PHIRE

hi guys ,
    nice to see others interested, i was with the PSI, Paranormal Society of Ireland.
    we were trying to continue the work of Sir John Rogerston. the first and probably best paranormal scientist for his time.
    we have done hundreds of investigations in places we not allowed. eg malahide castle. security wont allow you. but they knew we went a did investigate. they knew we were there but didnt mind. long story.

we unlike other ghost hunting teams, try to identify, analyze, and purge places of ghosts, spirits and demons
    if i setup a meet in a local pub, would yous be interested in coming?
    we currently have 3 houses in north county dublin, 1 in ashbounre we doing.
    steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

PHIRE wrote: »
    and purge places of ghosts, spirits and demons
    Sorry but that would put me off from the get go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Johnny Be Goode

'purge' might seem like a strong word, but the likelihood of running into 'demons' is quite quite remote The probability of finding any credible evidence of paranormal activity will also be very low anyhow. Saying that, if you haven't seen an object move by itself before (or what ever) it would be quite startling! I'd say that this is something that most won't get used to over time!

I believe that if you are pursuing a vocation of helping worried people with unexplained phenomena, you will come across paranormal happenings eventually [although, you will be putting people's mind at rest in the vast majority of cases with reasonable explanations, the presumed raison d'être of paranormal teams].

Should a reasonable conclusion be that there is strong evidence of intrusive or disturbing paranormal activity then a priest or minister etc should be considered first. Saying that, getting a priest or minister to bless a house or more might be difficult but most established paranormal teams will know of one who can help.

I guess what I am saying is that everyone is right i.e. be sure you know what you are letting yourself in for right from the start,

…… don't ask scary questions if you do not want scary answers ….. !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

PHIRE wrote: »
    Hi,
    i used to be with a team ghost hunting around dublin, we did over 200 investigations in a well known dublin castle.

trying to see if anyone interested in starting up a new team?

200 in a well known Dublin castle? Is this the same place that everyone else goes to as well? Surely to goodness there must be some significant evidence of the paranormal after all that "research". Sometimes for me the strongest potential confirmation for the non-existence of anything vaguely paranormal existing is boards.ie.

Kettleson wrote: »
    200 in a well known Dublin castle? Is this the same place that everyone else goes to as well? Surely to goodness there must be some significant evidence of the paranormal after all that "research". Sometimes for me the strongest potential confirmation for the non-existence of anything vaguely paranormal existing is boards.ie.

This seem a tad harsh to me, especially the last sentence. This board should be a place where people interested in the paranormal can discuss without ridicule and mockery….

This seem a tad harsh to me, especially the last sentence. This board should be a place where people interested in the paranormal can discuss without ridicule and mockery….

Nonsense. I'm as eager as anyone else here to find proof positive of evidence of the paranormal. Check out my previous posts on Paranormal. The accusation of ridicule and mockery is a cheap shot.

Find me anywhere on boards.ie paranormal or any of the links or references made that there is proof positive that anything paranormal exists. And I stand by my statement that because of that, it provides greater evidence for the non-existence than it's existence. On the balance of evidence on boards.ie, that is fair comment in my opinion.

K, you may not have intended it at all, that is just the way is came across in my view … no hard feelings ….

K, you may not have intended it at all, that is just the way is came across in my view … no hard feelings ….

No, no hard feelings and thanks for your concilliatory response, and probably/definitely my post was cranky.

As you are aware, contributors/posters on Paranormal have been subject to ridicule and derision for a good while and that has been recently successfully dealt with by the Mods. But will no doubt re-occur from time to time. I didn't want to go back down that road.

But if I could ask the OP, what evidence have you found after 200 visits to the same location that is investigated by 1000's of others over the years.

What makes you keep going back? What are your methods? Are your methods working? Are you nearly hitting on something? And why the same location?

Should more effort be put into finding some way for all paranormal investigators to collectively evaluate their methods and present and evaluate their research? But from what I can gather from comments on Boards.ie there is some friction between research groups, for whatever reasons, and you would have to imagine that because of this lack of co-ordination, there are an awful lot of time and effort wasted, but due to the voluntary and unregulated nature of paranormal research is probably unavoidable and coordination unachieveable

A lot of the content on Boards is anecdotal, second hand stories or old wives tales. There are exceptions for example Maccored who shares whatever research material he thinks is worthy posting. But he is in the smallest of minorities.

I know in practical terms I'm probably talking sh1te, but in real terms there appears to be not an awful lot of things found, and a lot of time spent in its pursuit.

• Advertisement

K, No bother, cheers. I accept my own short-comings here.

Gathering evidence of paranormal activity is notoriously laborious and time-consuming and yielding little in most cases. Often teams repeat vigils at the same place (when they are not out helping at a private location) to merely hone skills e.g. photography or electronics or procedures in set-up etc. Most reputedly haunted locations are difficult to access e.g. private homes or businesses. I would hazard a guess that a lot people would suffer in silence e.g. people would think that they are mad, or house price dropping etc

Ironically, people NOT looking for paranormal activity see/feel/hear it unexpectedly whereas investigators have long vigils at a reputedly haunted locations and yield very little. The former are the people I hope use this forum to hear that their experience is not unique. I would guess and hope that if they do drop a message here that a member of the established teams would contact them discretely and let them know that [discrete] help is at hand.

As we all know, when paranormal activity is suspected and natural explanations ruled out capturing evidence is often difficult and anticipating re-occurances can be impossible. Can the occurrence be replicated and studied? No? Perhaps scientists have to open their minds to alternative theories and techniques that are outside of their professional training? e.g. aura photography perhaps?

Most of the larger teams work together in some degree in best practices, equipment, report filing and report writing etc. Although there would be constraints in discussing particular cases due to client confidentiality and date protection etc a lot of knowledge in this area is shared I would expect. JBG …..

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sniperviper

Yep id be interested pm me details please

• Registered Users Posts: 9 white_raven

if your still looking id be interested in this...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

Hi, I would Also be interested...

I dont think this went anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9 white_raven

well there are plenty who answered maybe they could start up a team ???

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

Well count me in if a team is getting set up!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sniperviper

IM still interested

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

why don't all the people who replied get together and make their own team?

maccored wrote: »
    why don't all the people who replied get together and make their own team?

People seem interested but not that interested. Ill lock this up. If anyone wants to start a new team please start a new thread.

Im interested.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement