Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Painting plastic parts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

i think , before paint plastic, it has to be prepared for that. i not really know for sure, but plastic painting procedure is very similar to other surface painting procedures, just have to use different type of paint.
    Google is incredibly helpful, may find loads different guides.

one of them - linky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Mar4ix wrote: »
    i think , before paint plastic, it has to be prepared for that. i not really know for sure, but plastic painting procedure is very similar to other surface painting procedures, just have to use different type of paint.
    Google is incredibly helpful, may find loads different guides.

one of them - linky

Cheers lots of conflicting stuff out there..but will give that one a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Krylon is the stuff you want, Airsoft places commonly sell it to paint plastic stuff.
    Like here http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=89&Itemid=26

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Krylon is the stuff you want, Airsoft places commonly sell it to paint plastic stuff.
    Like here http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=89&Itemid=26

Thats want I'm after the less hassle the better! Just ordered a can of that there cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Light sanding ,good cleaning with a good de-greaser and use a primer first .

• Advertisement

Light sanding ,good cleaning with a good de-greaser and use a primer first .

Plan B....I'll give CJ Haugheys stuff a go and see how that goes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

You will still need to sand it to give the paint something to grip to. Also worth heating the plastic a small bit. And as with anything a few light coats not one or two heavy ones.

sean1141 wrote: »
    You will still need to sand it to give the paint something to grip to. Also worth heating the plastic a small bit. And as with anything a few light coats not one or two heavy ones.

Normally but not according to the product specs:

Made with "Fusion for Plastic" paint technology, allowing the paint to adhere to all kinds of plastic and synthetic surfaces.

Works great on all plastics, metal, wood and hard vinyl.

Surface does not need to be sanded or primed, just ensure it is clean and dry before spraying.

Ill let you know how it works ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Handy out so!

Advertisement