Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost of girl haunting Sarsfield bridge Limerick?

Options
  • 13-04-2014 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the ghost of a girl haunts Sarsfield bridge? It would be something very old, not recent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

I heard years ago that the old dunnes stores building alongside the bridge is supposed to be haunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭poeticjustice

I've never heard this myself but I'd love to know why you ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Ah, it'll sound mad. Since I was a very young child(I'm 41 now), I've always had this very vivid recurring dream that I'm dressed in an old fashioned long white nightdress and drowning by that bridge. It's a really horrendously vivid dream. The dream is always the same and I've got a really bad phobia of the bridge. I'd never heard about anything happening there when I was a kid and I can't remember anything ever happening to me around there that would make me so freaked out about it.

I live in Clare and whenever I go to the city centre by bus or car I have to keep my eyes focused away from the water, I even get very mild anxiety attacks there. A couple of times since I was a kid there have been times when I've tried to walk across the bridge and I just can't do it.

It's never happened anywhere else. I was talking about it on another forum and someone mentioned that they thought that the ghost of a young girl haunts that bridge, it just made me curious. Sounds nuts, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭poeticjustice

wow, that's incredible! Sorry to hear that. I lived on the riverside for the last few months and never heard or noticed anything about the bridge. But it's obviously a personal thing for you.

I know it might be hard but I think it could really help if you could face your fear and go to the bridge. Maybe on a nice sunny day with friends might help. Walk across it and see how you feel. It might help put to bed some of your anxieties. Easier said than done though, I know. Will definitely make you stronger though

Advertisement