Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't install flash player - whats wrong?

• 25-03-2009 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

I was using You Tube the other night when this message popped up:
    Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Strange i thought, i didn't turn off my java and my flash player was working fine the previous night. I then tried to install Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.22.87. It says it needs two minutes to install but mine seems to be done in only 3 seconds?? Anyways, i doesn't work becos i still get the same message appearing on youtube and other websites.

So how do i get my flash player to work, and whats the correct way to check if my java script in on? I checked the 'advanced' section of internet options and everything seems to be ok there.

I'm at a loss. Any help/suggestions would be very much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Adder1

try unistalling the player first then use a registry cleaner there are plenty of freeware ones ccleaner seems to be quite good. Next reinstall the player (this worked for me once) alternatively try system restore to return your system to a date when it was working. If you installed any plugins to browser disable them then try again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Adder1 wrote: »
    try unistalling the player first then use a registry cleaner there are plenty of freeware ones ccleaner seems to be quite good. Next reinstall the player (this worked for me once) alternatively try system restore to return your system to a date when it was working. If you installed any plugins to browser disable them then try again

Ok, thanks for the tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Hmm. is activeX enabled. I had this same problem a few weeks ago and for some unkown reason Ie decided to disable all activeX. Turned it back on and it was fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Just to let you know youtube was at that all day yesterday, they were doing maintenence, should be back up now :)

Advertisement