Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1GB USB pen drive

• 24-03-2009 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭

This is showing as capacity 976mb but is only holding 574mb. Shows as having 401mb of space free but It won't take anymore data.

Is there anyway I can reset it so it has the full size available?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Format is probably the best option once you have copied any files you dont want to lose .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Sounds like a fake stick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Adder1

yea as tallon said sounds like its a fake or a factory reject if its new bring/send it back to where you bought it if posting it back ring suppliers first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Guys,

I formatted the drive in NTFS and FAT before posting this thread.
    I was also thinking that the drive might be a forgery/fake as I got it off ebay.
    However, I came across a post on the web that suggested a cure to the problem.

Format as FAT32.

It worked. :D

Now only 200MB of space left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Good stuff man, I would have went mad and sent it back :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if it was FAT 16 then you had less than 64,000 sectors on it
    so if you had 64,000 files of just one byte each the drive would have been full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,777 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I've noticed before on certain branded drives which come with some form of encryption or management software on them, that some of the drive is preconfigured for encrypted storage. This space only shows up as available for storage when you've ran the software and stuck in the password.....Had that issue before on a drive or two.
    I see the problem was something else but the above information could be useful for others with similiar issues without any sign of a solution.
    Kippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Try the Panasonic SDFormatter for SD cards and USB. It works well for anything I've thrown at it. Full Erase and Format Size Adjustment. It'll erase anything plugged into a USB port. Not just Panasonic products. I've 'revived' a few items over the years with it.

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/sd_formatter.html

A .gif of the user interface attached to the post as: Panasonic SDFormatter.gif

Advertisement