Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cracked instrument cluster.

Options
  • 24-10-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Evening all.

Here's one to get you all thinking.

As some of you may know, I've a 06 Octy.

The plastic covering on the instrument cluster is cracked all around the base. The only reason I can come up for it is heat in the cabin, caused by sunlight.

To be honest, it looks kinda (extremely) dodgy. As the car was my Auld lads before I bought it, and know the mileage is fine, I'm not concerned.

It's going to be more of a problem when I go to flog it. Reason being, I've been servicing it myself, so not full history.

Now granted, I'm not going to be selling it for a number of years, but womdering if the plastic is replaceable, or is the cluster a "sealed" unit?

Any suggestions?

As always, all replies appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Sorry for the shamelss bump. I started this thread on a bad day.

Anybody any thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,282 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Id say you would have to get a new cluster for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Plastic should be replacable and cheap. One for a corolla is €25 for example

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Plastic should be replacable and cheap. One for a corolla is €25 for example

Nice one. Thanks for that.

mickdw wrote: »
    Id say you would have to get a new cluster for it.

I'm kinda thinking the same myself. I'm not bothered by it myself. As I said, it's when I go to sell that there may be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Possibly it was caused by an improperly fitted replacement windscreen where it's not flush and causing stress on the structure of the car.

Possibly it was caused by an improperly fitted replacement windscreen where it's not flush and causing stress on the structure of the car.

Original windscreen in the car, so don't think that's the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Original windscreen in the car, so don't think that's the cause.

Yes interesting to know how it happened, perhaps it's a known fault, could try Googling it.

[Quote=Atlantic Dawn;75286731

Yes interesting to know how it happened, perhaps it's a known fault, could try Googling it.[/Quote]

That's more along the lines of what I was hoping to find out. Thought I'd ask the experts, before resorting to something as pedestrian as google :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Yes interesting to know how it happened, perhaps it's a known fault, could try Googling it.

Or try www.briskoda.net

• Advertisement

-Corkie- wrote: »

Might be time to dust off my log- on/ password. Not been on there for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I've only ever seen the whole panel. You can buy it here but its not cheap. You would get full maxidot though if you don't already have it.

EPM wrote: »
    I've only ever seen the whole panel. You can buy it here but its not cheap. You would get full maxidot though if you don't already have it.

Now that would be tempting. Don't have a maxidot, and it is on the list of "wants". Cheers man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

-Corkie- wrote: »

Might be time to dust off my log- on/ password. Not been on there for a while.

Secondhand clusters are pretty cheap on eBay and with the right cable and software, your existing cluster can be cloned onto it.

Although, with a rough currency calculation, it's be working out about €250 before postage. You was right about it not being cheap!!!

Although, with a rough currency calculation, it's be working out about €250 before postage. You was right about it not being cheap!!!

I'd also advise not looking at anything else on that site...your credit card could take a hammering...

I'd also advise not looking at anything else on that site...your credit card could take a hammering...

Looking on the phone, so I'd have to brush up my Czech first.

Top right converts to English and euros:D

Top right converts to English and euros:D

Saw that afterwards. And then stopped. Shopping list was growing far too big!!! O/H would not be impressed.

Advertisement