Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

too light for N.C.T or D.O.E

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭YBTurbo

All vans private and commercially taxed, HAVE to be DOE'd, no ifs or buts.

You need your DOE cert to tax your van, otherwise they refuse.

Checked myself today with the RSA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

YBTurbo wrote: »
    All vans private and commercially taxed, HAVE to be DOE'd, no ifs or buts.

You need your DOE cert to tax your van, otherwise they refuse.

Checked myself today with the RSA.

Ah raspberries...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

dgt wrote: »
    Ah raspberries...

lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

you sure about that??? its so hard to belive :rolleyes:

Fact; I had a Toyota Lite Ace van many years ago and had it taxed private, not commercial and it didnt need a DOE cos it wasn't commercial nor did it need an MOT (as it was then) as it was still a van and not a private car. It fell between two stools, even though I TRIED to have it tested, I couldn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

sogood wrote: »
    Fact; I had a Toyota Lite Ace van many years ago and had it taxed private, not commercial and it didnt need a DOE cos it wasn't commercial nor did it need an MOT (as it was then) as it was still a van and not a private car. It fell between two stools, even though I TRIED to have it tested, I couldn't!

thats disco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

20 year old untested van with loads of crap attached, €1300.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

sogood wrote: »

Seems they finally copped on to that little loophole:D If the RSA get this passed :"Proposed commercial vehicle roadworthiness reforms as relates to registered owners, operators and drivers....consultation" one of the requirements will be that commercial vehicles must display a certificate of roadworthiness (CRW):

http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Vehicle%20Std%20Leg/Consultations/RSA%20CVR%20-%20Operator%20Consultation%20-%20Issued.pdf

"It is now proposed that legislation be introduced that requires all operators to display a valid CRW on the windscreen of all mechanically propelled commercial vehicles (the discs to support this will be introduced as part of the reforms) and next to the licence registration card on trailers."

They wont be long spotting who isn't testing their vehicle then lol

Advertisement