Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

H7 bulbs - what to buy?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

35w seems to be standard so I went for them. The only difference is only in the ballasts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I see. I went for the 55w as thats what the H7 standard is, I hope they don't get too hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

are these kits for just one side of the car (ie you need 2)? & do they just replace the dip beam?

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

no one kit does both sides. a kit can do dipped or fulls depending on which type you get or your can get a bi-xenon kit which does both

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Drive home this evening was a pleasure. Crisp white light with great range.

After some more searching I found out that AutoBulbsDirect and HIDS4U are the same company and the first company sells the H7 HID kit for cheaper.

It can be purchased for £92 here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Nightbreaker Plus in my wife's A2 and they are pretty good. We had an aftermarket Xenon kit in the car previously. Ok, the Nightbreakers are not Xenons, but they're not a million miles away. A good upgrade IMO, if a little pricey.

Advertisement