Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Golf Gti Mk4 '99 sitting up

• 03-11-2011 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

There is a Gti Mk4 nearby where I live that's been sitting in a driveway for quite a while. I had a gander at it and it seemed pretty clean inside. I was wondering how much you guys thought it was worth? It's probably gone through the last 2 winters sitting there, no tax disc visible, 2 flat tyres... Having said all that, it does look very clean, nothing hanging off it, no real corrosion that can be seen... I can take a guess why it was left lying up, lots of college students in that area have moved to Australia and the like.

So what say yee? What would it be worth if it started and ran? Or should I just walk on by? I can take it or leave it, but if it's a gem waiting to be polished up, I wouldn't really want to let it slide. icon11.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

After the last two winters we've had here I'd walk on by. Them winters were hard on cars that were being drove regularly never mind ones that were lying up.

Petrol or Diesel BTW?

barura wrote: »

So what say yee? What would it be worth if it started and ran? .............

NCTd, tyred and in good condition €1500 ish.
    As it is now, quite close to sfa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Aye, I was thinking that... But you know, if there is a chance. :)

It's petrol. There was a 1.8 in them, I think.

Having said that, as it had no tax disc, it could be a 1.4 for all I know, with a GTi badge.

There were 1.8 turbo and 2.0 (awful yokes) versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

RoverJames wrote: »
    There were 1.8 turbo and 2.0 (awful yokes) versions.
    Grand stuff. Well, thanks for the advice! Back to looking for a polo estate for me so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

Nice motor, but Id go a little later if I was you. If its cheap to be honest it wouldnt bother me if it drove straight and the engine and gearbox was 100%. Very well built cars and not only that but parts are available and cheap.
    My car a MKIV also was laying up for nearly 2 years and it made absolutely no difference at all to it as far as I can see and ive put about 50k miles on it since its lay up.

Advertisement