Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBSS don't support my school

Options
  • 16-10-2014 3:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi
    just wondering, if the school that I'm working in is not supported by the NBSS who could they be supported by?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Excuse my ignorance but what is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

National behavioural support service. They help schools with behavioural issues. They would fund teachers in some schools specifically to deal with behaviour issues.
    They can also help on a whole school level. They would be involved with a lot of deis schools

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Hi
    just wondering, if the school that I'm working in is not supported by the NBSS who could they be supported by?

Maybe go through your learning support coordinator and ask about NEPS if they might be able to help.

Have a look at the SESS site too for support HERE .

Now in saying all that I don;t know if they would entertain ye if the students presenting with behavioural issues weren't down on file as having an SEN.

Might be worth a try! But bare in mind the services are probably stretched to the limit for resources and time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭crappyireland

Hey. Thanks for that.
    Yes my mission today on a class off is ask the learning support dept.
    I'm teaching 4kids in varying years who have been diagnosed with EBD and just would love some extra resources and strategies to help them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

http://www.icepe.ie/

They do several online courses one being on dealing with EBD which was quite interesting. Has strategies etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭crappyireland

Thanks very much seavill for the link! Looks good

Advertisement