Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk to.. Three section

Options
  • 07-02-2014 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This is mainly a query, who moderates the 3 thread? What would be the criteria for calling on a moderator for assistance there apart from the usual cases such as trolling, spamming, abuse etc...

If 3 were purposely avoiding certain questions and delaying answers or offering false information, would this be enough reason for a moderators attention?

Thanks
    W
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

winston82 wrote: »
    Hi,

This is mainly a query, who moderates the 3 thread? What would be the criteria for calling on a moderator for assistance there apart from the usual cases such as trolling, spamming, abuse etc...

If 3 were purposely avoiding certain questions and delaying answers or offering false information, would this be enough reason for a moderators attention?

Thanks
    W

Can a mod move this to the HELPDESK. Sorry for posting here!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,084 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The mods are listed at the bottom of the Three forum, same as with every forum.

Spear wrote: »
    The mods are listed at the bottom of the Three forum, same as with every forum.

They didn't show up on the touch site. I'm using a tablet. I see them there now.

Thank you.

There's also a few users in there that could with a "mods touch"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Having read that thread it seems, as if often the case with people on the coal-front of customer service, that they simply do not have the answers for you. The likelihood is they are being fed the answers from some other tech support and those answers are sub-standard.

What that thread needs is a representative to say, "sorry about the delay - we don't have an answer for you but really are looking into this", rather than posting contradictory replies.

As for whether this is an issue that required a moderator? No. But your experiences are there for all to see which should be a concern for those in Three.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,084 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

They didn't show up on the touch site. I'm using a tablet. I see them there now.

Thank you.

That seems to be a weakness of the touch site then, as they're not listed in charters either normally, and aren't in the case of three.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

There's also a few users in there that could with a "mods touch"
    6mDg6P.jpg

I'ev opened a feature request thread to get the mods listed:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88881808#post88881808

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

I guess you'd have to prove it's "purposely".

I guess you'd have to prove it's "purposely".

It's evident if you read the thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

But as Dades said, it could be that they don't actually know the answer and are trying to get it from somewhere, which is taking time.
    I don't think anyone would actually want to be having to deal with angry customers on the internet by deliberately keeping information from them, for the craic.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

For the record, myself and Dav are the Mods of all Talk to forums. If there is an issue with a post or poster in the forum, please report it and we will deal with it as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nwo4ever

Hi Three,

I am just wondering when the Galaxy Note 4 is going to be released?

Thanks
    Peter

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wardscrove

I bought an iPhone 5s in letterkenny shop on 27th sep and 15 days later it won't switch on past a black screen with tiny text saying something like dumping kernel
    Rang the shop were most unhelpful and said phone would have to b sent away for repair how can this be after 15 days I must have rights under sale of goods and services act 1980 they want to replace phone while repair is done with a simple text and call phone and this is not acceptable this is not the contract I signed up to I signed a two year contract to use 3 as the service provider on a iPhone 5s supplied by three
    Can I insist on a replacement as I rang the consumer agency yesterday and they told me regardless if what policy's three have they are just that policy's and consumer law is law and over rules any policies and to insist on a new replacement handset as it's within 28 days of purchase and not accept a repair if refuse to ask for money back and. Cancel contract without penalty. What are my chances as I am on way to letterkenny now ps also contacted the joe Duffy show about this and the researcher is ringing me back will be interesting

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You might want to ask in the Talk to...3 forum, here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement