Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about forum moderator

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Danger781 wrote: »
    Didn't arrive home yesterday until very late. Made dinner, sat down for a bit, then went to bed.

Should be able to come up with some sort of response today. I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

One quick point before I get back to work: My OP seemed like an unfair attack on you in a biased manner. I understand completely how it came across that way, but it was not my intention. I got caught up in the moment of it all. The main point I was trying to make is that I feel you are overly strict in following the charter, and too quick to hand out cards. Clearly my OP didn't get that across. Every action you've made can easily be argued to be in line with the rules layed out in the charter. However, they are not necessarily in the best interest of the community. I should have left my emotions at the door in the OP.

When I get home from work I will try to put together a response to summarise everything. If the thread is closed in the mean time I will just PM you. I understand the thread has gathered quite an audience (Some of whom I have never once seen post in FSA) so if this results in closure so be it.

Regards,

Luke
    What about the one of you continually questioning mod decisions in the thread? How would you easily argue that to be in line with the rules layed out in the charter. TBH, you are one of a very small number of posters who have come out of this whole thing looking bad (I think most of us can understand the viewpoints of both roryc and FutureGuy even if they are more inclined towards one side than the other)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Didn't arrive home yesterday until very late. Made dinner, sat down for a bit, then went to bed.

Should be able to come up with some sort of response today. I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

One quick point before I get back to work: My OP seemed like an unfair attack on you in a biased manner. I understand completely how it came across that way, but it was not my intention. I got caught up in the moment of it all. The main point I was trying to make is that I feel you are overly strict in following the charter, and too quick to hand out cards. Clearly my OP didn't get that across. Every action you've made can easily be argued to be in line with the rules layed out in the charter. However, they are not necessarily in the best interest of the community. I should have left my emotions at the door in the OP.

When I get home from work I will try to put together a response to summarise everything. If the thread is closed in the mean time I will just PM you. I understand the thread has gathered quite an audience (Some of whom I have never once seen post in FSA) so if this results in closure so be it.

Regards,

Luke

Are you retracting your statement or not? For me this comes back to the little clique of 3 who now look to be fighting an uphill battle.

You guys look to be behaving like someone in leinster house, you come close to it but never quite actually utter the words. There is always a but or some way to justify missbehaving.

Feedback is a two way street so again if your asking for changes, you have to be able to make changes yourself.

This has gathered quite an audience but that is because you personally decided to go on a crusade against a mod who was doing his job. If you didnt want feedback from other members of boards you should have kept it in forum.

As a general member of boards, i definitely want charters enforced because when it is not an there is no proactive modding you create an environment that is cliquey and hostile.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

There was a time when I thought the tone of FG's moderating was a bit heavy, but having read most of the threads involved, I can now see he was following the procedures to the letter. And given how legalistic these arguments have become, I can now see why he had to do it. So I would say; job well done, Futureguy. Tribalism has been eradicated apart from the very rare newbie who is sorted out quickly, the private spat was largely absent in the past year (and hopefully the two lads return whilst ignoring each other) and rubbing people's noses in their misfortune also seems to have disappeared.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Regards,

Luke

Ok...twice now you have said you got caught up in the moment. I disagree. Based on your recent posts on FSA and your posts on here, there is nothing spur of the moment about your actions. This was a premedicated attampt to get me removed as mod.

In your post, you actually stated that I WAS biased, and you picked up three points where YOUR bias against me is clear. So please do not try to state that it was anything other than that. In addition, your posts in FSA recently tell me everything I need to know about your opinon of me so it makes your apology close to worthless.

Also, regardless of the fact you attempt to say that it was misinterpreted, you summed up the entire feedback post with a very simple line...you called for me to be removed from my position. How can you possibly say that you were misinterpreted? Your intentions were very clear to me.

Admins, I have absolutely nothing further to add to this interaction. You can make a judgement on both our recent behaviours.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Calhoun wrote: »
    Are you retracting your statement or not? For me this comes back to the little clique of 3 who now look to be fighting an uphill battle.

You guys look to be behaving like someone in leinster house, you come close to it but never quite actually utter the words. There is always a but or some way to justify missbehaving.

Feedback is a two way street so again if your asking for changes, you have to be able to make changes yourself.

This has gathered quite an audience but that is because you personally decided to go on a crusade against a mod who was doing his job. If you didnt want feedback from other members of boards you should have kept it in forum.

As a general member of boards, i definitely want charters enforced because when it is not an there is no proactive modding you create an environment that is cliquey and hostile.

I actually received a pm from one of the trio with a link telling me to "feel free to contribute". This was of course when they believed I had a problem with FutureGuy's modding.

• Advertisement

So now that I have dealt in full with two of the posters on the thread who have brought my moderating into question, I await the reply from Mr. Inconito to back up his claims that I am a p!ss-poor moderator, that I am neither objective nor impartial, am incapable of not making things personal, that my moderating is one-sided and that bannings are common, petty and personal.

Last, but definitely not least, where I allow bullying to happen on boards.ie.

Admins, I will not be letting the bullying comment slide. Of all the accusations thrown against me, this is the most serious for clear reasons.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I actually received a pm from one of the trio with a link telling me to "feel free to contribute". This was of course when they believed I had a problem with FutureGuy's modding.

Admins, if this is the case, I want this investigated immediately.

I have suspected that there are PMs going between a few people in order to get the book thrown at me, which is exactly what a witch hunt is, and this is clear evidence of this fact.

In this instance, Lemlin has been outstanding in his reaction and the attempt has clearly failed.

Lemlin can you report this PM please. Actually, since you can back it up by PM reporting, who ws it that sent it to you?

Fair play to you for coming in here and bringing this up.

To be fair to roryc, his issues have been his own and I haven't seen any signs of him joining in with that sort of behaviour, shocking behaviour on behalf of the person in question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

This is starting to sound very similar to the whole reason the Thunderdome was closed.

Lemlin, fair play to you.

This is starting to sound very similar to the whole reason the Thunderdome was closed.

Again, people need to not get the wrong idea here (not saying you are), the FSA is anything but a difficult child, Rory and Lemlin have had their difficulties, and that is what it is, but barring FutureGuy having to deal with this (which IMO he should never have had to deal with) the most I personally see him normally ever having to deal with is the likes of people boasting or overvigorously questioning others decisions, which definitely isn't the typical FSA etiquette.

As a regular poster on both it and the soccer forum, the difference in hostility on the 2 is massive.

• Advertisement

Just to make it perfectly clear in case there is any doubt.

FSA is a piece of cake to mod 99% of times, and that is thanks to a bunch of poster who I think are the best on the site. I'm not joking.

They could run riot talking about soccer or kill each other about tactical decisions but they don't because the vast majority are incredibly respectful to the spirit of the site and the moderation.

I include Rory, Danger781 and Mr. Incognito in the group when I say that everyone leaves their soccer baggage and loyalties at the door when they come into the forum, and enjoy the FPL game, not the actual sport.

The reason is that Fantasy premier League breaks down club loyalties at its core. United fans celebrating a Lallana goal. City fans delighted at how brilliant Di Maria has been at United. Asenal fans happy with that Fabregas assist.

The FSA. A great bunch of lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

I've been critical of particular people, but I have to say I've been very impressed with Lemlin and his contributions to this thread, despite not being happy with certain actions he has nonetheless taken full ownership of his actions and the actions taken against him and has refused to point the finger or play the victim. I can see why FG and others have hailed him as a good contributor and why they feel it would be a shame to see him perma-banned.

Top marks for his attitude and maturity throughout this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Admins, if this is the case, I want this investigated immediately.

I have suspected that there are PMs going between a few people in order to get the book thrown at me, which is exactly what a witch hunt is, and this is clear evidence of this fact.

In this instance, Lemlin has been outstanding in his reaction and the attempt has clearly failed.

Lemlin can you report this PM please. Actually, since you can back it up by PM reporting, who ws it that sent it to you?

Mr Incognito sent me a pm on Saturday titled "complaint about ffs" with a link stating "feel free to contribute".

I have never pmed that individual before for any item.

The pm was sent on 04/10 at 14.04:

I responded that I am happy with FG's modding.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

FutureGuy wrote: »

I'm not part of any witch hunt. If an Admin wants to see any of my PM's go ahead and ask me. Its becoming tiring having to deny this crap. Starting to think I should have just waited the two weeks and created a separate thread for my feedback, perhaps then I wouldn't have to deal with being part cliques and witch hunts that I didn't actually realise I was in. I've already reported a couple of posts from this thread and have probably been subject to more accusations and insults here than anyone else.

roryc wrote: »
    I'm not part of any witch hunt. If an Admin wants to see any of my PM's go ahead and ask me. Its becoming tiring having to deny this crap. Starting to think I should have just waited the two weeks and created a separate thread for my feedback, perhaps then I wouldn't have to deal with being part cliques and witch hunts that I didn't actually realise I was in. I've already reported a couple of posts from this thread and have probably been subject to more accusations and insults here than anyone else.

You probably won't believe me based on what you think of me, but I'm certain you didn't post the PM.

Mr Incognito sent me a pm on Saturday titled "complaint about ffs" with a link to this thread stating "feel free to contribute".

I have never pmed that individual before for any item.

The pm sent on 04/10 at 14.04:

I responded that I am happy with FG's modding.
    All the more shocking when you consider that this guy is actually a mod on a forum here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

roryc wrote: »

It is indeed a shame that you have become the focus of this discussion when it wasn't of your making. However it seems that Danger781 is like a leaving cert student who has law on his CAO form staring across a courtroom at Rumpole of the Bailey, he hasn't seen fit to promote his complaints any further and I don't think he will now. Mr Incognito is a poster for whom I have no lost love so I couldn't care less what he has to say for himself if I'm being honest. I sincerely hope that you see fit to return though whenever this ban is up, you are certainly one of the best posters on the forum and if your contribution to his thread achieves nothing else it tells me that you have a highly analytical mind (as does FG), something which I always suspected from your posting. When you've served your time come back to us:o. It's a shame the Lemlin and Roryc thing became such an issue, it was a source of much fun for myself and other users I'm sure but Boards has it's rules and we all need to stick by them I guess. I sailed very close to the wind in my early days on FSA before I realised that it isn't like other forums, people are genuinely trying to help each other which is very unusual as we are all competing at the same time.

This talk about the FSA being in crisis is nuts if you ask me, it's clearly as healthy as ever, lots of new recruits this year and all the best posters are still in situ with rory the exception at the moment. I've been a member of a few forums in my time and it is without a doubt the best I've known, small enough perhaps but the quality of the posts and the general friendliness which exists in there is second to none. Perhaps this thread will inspire some new recruits, I know I came across it by accident one day because one of the threads was first on the latest post list.
    Anyway, fair play to Futureguy, I can imagine it is an impossible task being the only mod, hopefully we'll see a new one soon to share the workload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

You know what? We're done here. This matter is closed, Mr Incognito, Roryc and Danger781 are permanently banned from the FSA forum and that's my decision. Unless a director of the company is going to come along and countermand it, that decision is final.

This thread has been nonsense from start to finish and the fact that the FSA forum community has come to this thread to make its voice heard and to distance itself from the 3 people mentioned above speaks volumes - thank you for that folks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement