Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein- Never forget

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

EURATS wrote: »
    That's more like it monty. More balance. Also the British and Irish intelligence services(as they like to be called)were up to their neck in it. A filthy setup.
    I hope I've been clear - the only reason SF are getting it in the neck for their past is because they are looking for my vote. Any other group from any other background will get the same treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I think it may be because he is in custody. But upon his eventual release, how long does he have to go without killing someone before he becomes a viable candidate?

(much better argument by the way, at least someone is thinking about this stuff)

who has Pearse Dotherthy killed?

who has Pearse Dotherthy killed?
    I don't know - nobody, I hope. But the organisation he has aligned himself with is/was the political wing of a group that did kill people.

If I join Fianna Fail tomorrow, would you not criticise me for joining a corrupt organisation (or an organisation with a history of corruption), even though I may not be corrupt myself?

I hope I've been clear - the only reason SF are getting it in the neck for their past is because they are looking for my vote. Any other group from any other background will get the same treatment.

they were at war then and i won't defend the bombings but the British started the troubles when they put down the civil rights movement

I don't know - nobody, I hope. But the organisation he has aligned himself with is/was the political wing of a group that did kill people.

If I join Fianna Fail tomorrow, would you not criticise me for joining a corrupt organisation (or an organisation with a history of corruption), even though I may not be corrupt myself?

fixed
    you could say the same about FF
    and no I would judge you as a person

• Advertisement

fixed
    you could say the same about FF
    Ok - it's nice to actually talk about the issues. :)

So wouldn't fault anyone in Fianna Fail for joining a party with a history of corruption?

Ok - it's nice to actually talk about the issues. :)

So wouldn't fault anyone in Fianna Fail for joining a party with a history of corruption?

unless there corrupt no
    parties are like families they all have baggage

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭EURATS

That's more like it monty. More balance. Also the British and Irish intelligence services(as they like to be called)were up to their neck in it. A filthy setup.

How were they looking for your vote? It wasn't a general election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Yzf R6

Monty,perhaps if you look back in history you may also be more aligned to Republicans than you care to admit,but your not cast as a killer due to things that happend in the past and that we're out of your control.

The British, Americans, French etc have more blood on their hands than anybody else. They are killing people as we speak. Do we ignore them for it? No. Our politicians suck up to them looking for their money

• Advertisement

They want my vote at general elections, local elections, and they want to persuade me to support their position in referenda.

Yzf R6 wrote: »
    Monty,perhaps if you look back in history you may also be more aligned to Republicans than you care to admit,but your not cast as a killer due to things that happend in the past and that we're out of your control.
    I'm happy to admit that I'd like to see a United Ireland. I'm also happy to admit that there was no justification for most of the actions the IRA took, and I find it difficult to support/agree with people who do try to justify most/all of their actions. I think nothing entrenched unionists in their anti-UI position more than the Republican terrorist campaigns.

I'm happy to admit that I'd like to see a United Ireland. I'm also happy to admit that there was no justification for most of the actions the IRA took, and I find it difficult to support/agree with people who do try to justify most/all of their actions. I think nothing entrenched unionists in their anti-UI position more than the Republican terrorist campaigns.

you can understand why the IRA were needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Yzf R6

Agree to disagree Monty,but I have to say that not all of their actions were unjust,you don't really think we should just bow down and keep quite just because the big boys told us to,do you?

you can understand why the IRA were needed?
    Only at the very early stage of the Troubles when loyalist mobs were attacking nationalist areas.

They want my vote at general elections, local elections, and they want to persuade me to support their position in referenda.

I voted NO as an individual, not because of any influence from a political party. Am sick of political parties at this stage. They are all full of shît. Simple as.

In 2012 they still get away with broken promises and bullsh1t. No wonder we were ripped off so badly. We allow this behaviour to continue, so we deserve the consequences if the truth be told.
    If we can't stand up together and change the system, then history will continue to repeat itself inside this goldfish bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Oh good God of almighty. My 13 year old is more capable of a better standard of debate.

Reading back over this mess I could yellow and red card many posts. It's just too much of a mess but put it this way, I expected a serious upping of standards from when I posted my mod warning. Posts in this thread will be taken down in evidence!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement