Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 5) 30/31 March 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

ambid wrote: »
    Really annoyed at Shamrock Rovers.

I was looking for tickets to the Rovers v Bohs match and there was nothing on ticketmaster so I phoned and emailed the Rovers office but they didn't answer. This afternoon I heard them advertising tickets are still for sale, but by then I had made other plans!

I'm tired of League of Ireland clubs complaining about poor attendences, and then don't have the basic competance to reply to people who are trying to buy tickets! I haven't been to a LOI match in years and if this is how they carry on then I won't be rushing back. They need to get their bloody act together.

It's on TV now and there are loads of empty seats. Ridiculous.

Eh.....why didn't you just turn up and pay at the gate??? :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I've never been to a sold out LOI match. I've travelled up from Kilkenny assuming there'd be tickets. Plan B was to head to Tolka.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

fúck it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Brilliant touch and excellent finish from Twigg!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Another 1-1 draw at home, another 2pts dropped. It's taking us a little longer to get used to playing in the higher division, but I'm sure we'll come good in the weeks and months ahead.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Some quality goals in the UCD - Monaghan game. Definitely worth a look on Monday night. Deserved win for UCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Another 1-1 draw at home, another 2pts dropped. It's taking us a little longer to get used to playing in the higher division, but I'm sure we'll come good in the weeks and months ahead.
    Shocking result for yous if you have top 5 aspirations.

From what I saw of Cronin's sending off it looked like just a late tackle with Kelly getting a bout of penis envy. We weren't excellent regardless. Neither were Pats though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

CSF wrote: »

Of course we have top 5 aspirations.
    Mid table finish would only be a place below that though;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Tonight was the night to get 3 points, but like said yesterday if I was Bray supporter I would have felt they could get something from the Cross.

Leaving in too many late goals now also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Decent game in Tolka, draw probably a good result.

Cronin's red fully deserved.

I'm very pissed off.

At every footballground in the bloody world, the away fans are held back before the home fans get to leave. Not this time, Whitehall's finest ovetimers decide to hem us in crushing against a door.

Cúnts.

• Advertisement

Tonight was the night to get 3 points, but like said yesterday if I was Bray supporter I would have felt they could get something from the Cross.

Leaving in too many late goals now also.

Very true. Scoring the 2nd goal is the issue, it would give the lads the comfort to control and close out a game rather than feel the need to defend a one goal lead.
    Bohs next - probably going to be 1-1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Very true. Scoring the 2nd goal is the issue, it would give the lads the comfort to control and close out a game rather than feel the need to defend a one goal lead.

Yep draw looks most likely or Bohs to win by single goal

Bohs score?

brendanfraiserhahahaclap.gif

Of course we have top 5 aspirations.
    Mid table finish would only be a place below that though;)
    5th is certainly a midtable finish too. 4th I guess can be either way depending on the gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I haven't been to a LOI match in years and if this is how they carry on then I won't be rushing back..

If you can't master the act of buying a ticket at the ground on the night of the game, you would probably find stuff like finding toilets, buying programmes or paying for chips impossible so it's no loss.

Des wrote: »
    Bohs score?

brendanfraiserhahahaclap.gif

Has to happen sooner or later and will probably be a late equaliser against us.....get on it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Really annoyed at Shamrock Rovers.

I was looking for tickets to the Rovers v Bohs match and there was nothing on ticketmaster so I phoned and emailed the Rovers office but they didn't answer. This afternoon I heard them advertising tickets are still for sale, but by then I had made other plans!

I'm tired of League of Ireland clubs complaining about poor attendences, and then don't have the basic competance to reply to people who are trying to buy tickets! I haven't been to a LOI match in years and if this is how they carry on then I won't be rushing back. They need to get their bloody act together.

It's on TV now and there are loads of empty seats. Ridiculous.
    Get off your armchair and just go to the ground and buy your ticket.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Get off your armchair and just go to the ground and buy your ticket.
    Ah jaysus, we at Shelbourne will always accomodate you to purchase our match tickets on www.tickets.ie . Don't mind the meanies.

I swear to God, i'll end up bald by the time the season is over from tearing my hair out watching Pat's. Whilst i was happy with the squad that was being assembled, it was glaringly obvious that a lack of goals would be an issue and that's the case so far this season.

We dominated tonight, certainly in the second half, even before the sending off, but we just don't have anyone to finish chances and put the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis.

If we had a Danny North in the team, i reckon we'd have four extra points this season by beating Shels and Monaghan.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    I swear to God, i'll end up bald by the time the season is over from tearing my hair out watching Pat's. Whilst i was happy with the squad that was being assembled, it was glaringly obvious that a lack of goals would be an issue and that's the case so far this season.

We dominated tonight, certainly in the second half, even before the sending off, but we just don't have anyone to finish chances and put the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis.

If we had a Danny North in the team, i reckon we'd have four extra points this season by beating Shels and Monaghan.
    It isn't the lack of a finisher in your team as far as I saw. For all the posession you had in the second half, you had very little penetration, and never looked like creating many chances for any striker.

It isn't the lack of a finisher in your team as far as I saw. For all the posession you had in the second half, you had very little penetration, and never looked like creating many chances for any striker.

Yeah, there weren't as many chances created as there should have been considering the possession, but even when got chances, they weren't taken. I mean, Jake Kelly's chance! :rolleyes: Jesus. We didn't even test your keeper.

By the way, who's your number 17? The left back? He had a decent game, i thought!

Yeah, there weren't as many chances created as there should have been considering the possession, but even when got chances, they weren't taken. I mean, Jake Kelly's chance! :rolleyes: Jesus. We didn't even test your keeper.

By the way, who's your number 17? The left back? He had a decent game, i thought!
    Sean Byrne, wasn't overly impressed with him myself. Thought Cronin was our best up until the sending off followed by Dawson in the second half.

I can see Pats style of football eventually doing the business against the weaker teams in the league, but I do think a lack of really quality players to play that system will hurt you badly against the likes of us (maybe if we keep up our first 5 games), both Rovers and Derry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Delighted that Bray managed to snatch a point down in Cork, will be much needed I'd say.

Went to the UCD-Mons match, the first half was dire bar 3 or 4 moments. Really picked up in the second half when UCD started playing, and they definitely were thebetter team from there on in. Been to two matches there this season, seen 10 goals now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

2 shots vs 11 men, 2 shots vs 10 men.

Shels are rubbish, a complete LSL side if ever i saw one with a fattie up front. Shels gameplan "clip" it forward....."clip" it forward......seriously lads your the in the premier league not the pheonix park. I would be worrying if i was a shels fan. red card was never a red cronin lost control of the ball and stuck a leg out russell was up fairly quick. but in loi it seems its a red nowadays.

We need a cutting edge and hes back next week, what worries me is he wasnt in the plan we kinda got him by default so to me we have no backup. We play all the football pretty as can be but 4 ****in shots vs a rubbish team.

Got caught outside with the shels fans, police wouldnt let us to the pats end where we were parked. the pats bus was outside fagans so we had to cross paths at some point what an utterly stupid exercise. Altho did get to see a Shels Schooligan run tru the park towards another shels schooligan before they reaslised they were both shels fans, i laughed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Shels are rubbish, a complete LSL side if ever i saw one with a fattie up front. Shels gameplan "clip" it forward....."clip" it forward......seriously lads your the in the premier league not the pheonix park. I would be worrying if i was a shels fan. red card was never a red cronin lost control of the ball and stuck a leg out russell was up fairly quick. but in loi it seems its a red nowadays.

Wow, wow!!! Gotta laugh. We've spent five years in the First and you reckon we should be worried for taking eight points from the first five games? :D The "fattie" you refer to, you could desperately do with.

Pat's have spent big and have drawn with Mon U, Bohs :D and ten men Shels. But yeah, we have problems!!! :pac:

From what I saw Cronin's red was justified-he had no complaints. Stupid lunge considering the part of the pitch he was in. :mad:
    Got caught outside with the shels fans, police wouldnt let us to the pats end where we were parked. the pats bus was outside fagans so we had to cross paths at some point what an utterly stupid exercise. Altho did get to see a Shels Schooligan run tru the park towards another shels schooligan before they reaslised they were both shels fans, i laughed.

You were parked at the Pats end? :confused: Seriously, wtf? :confused:

New gimp apperently in charge in Whitehall and he went against all the advice of Shels officials and his fellow public servant wasters. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I didn't see Cronin's challenge as i was looking down at my phone at the time :rolleyes: but judging by his reaction, i guessed it was a straight red. No complaints whatsoever.

How come our gates were opened at the same time as the home fans? I can't remember being to Tolka before when we weren't held back?

Mick Cooke is doing some job at Drogheda!!

How come our gates were opened at the same time as the home fans? I can't remember being to Tolka before when we weren't held back?

As I posted above, new pig in charge in Whitehall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Yeah - but I reckon a lot of their strength is down to the 3 Brennans, Fabio and Sava. In LoI terms, top class players - not only that, but top class players who really know how to play together. The difference with them on the field is immense. (Well, I only saw one friendly - Drogs/Lim pre season so this post may not actually be an accurate reflection of the real world -I think it's close enough, though)

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Wow, wow!!! Gotta laugh. We've spent five years in the First and you reckon we should be worried for taking eight points from the first five games? :D The "fattie" you refer to, you could desperately do with.

Pat's have spent big and have drawn with Mon U, Bohs :D and ten men Shels. But yeah, we have problems!!! :pac:

From what I saw Cronin's red was justified-he had no complaints. Stupid lunge considering the part of the pitch he was in. :mad:

Your gameplan is clip if forward....good luck with that.

Fairly sure our new team will get better, your team is over acheiving, i expected a to see a game tonight.

• Advertisement

Well, he fycked my night up anyway.

Fairly sure our new team will get better, your team is over acheiving, i expected a to see a game tonight.

You weren't exactly a class act yourselves tonight. :rolleyes:

And who do you think is gonna score goals for you? :confused:

You won't be playing against a keeper like Skinner every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Your gameplan is clip if forward....good luck with that.

:rolleyes:

And what was Mahons last year? You play to your strengths and what will get you the most points.

A Shams fan??? :cool:

I'm not complaining cos i got out quicker, but new Guard or not, does everyone not know that the away fans are kept back?? Especially a Dublin derby??

In fairness, i thought we played some decent stuff, just nothing happening much in the final third.

In terms of who will get out goals, i'm pinning my hopes on Dean Kelly. He would have put away the chance Jake Kelly had.

As for the Skinner comment, we didn't even make him work tonight. I could have been in goal for you's and it still would have finished one all so i think a the quality of keeper is redundant in this case.

Is Skinner really not rated?? Was he at Drogheda by the way?? He probably wasn't, but i just have that connection in my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

..Is Skinner really not rated?? Was he at Drogheda by the way?? He probably wasn't, but i just have that connection in my head.

Yeah he was, joined Shels from them in 2011.

SantryRed wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

And what was Mahons last year? You play to your strengths and what will get you the most points.

Your right lads, i forgot i used to go to Tolka to to see 2 decent teams play ball, forgot how far you have fallen.

but yeah....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: that makes you feel better about your team.....well good luck with that. Us premier folk expect better fare, not the ****e you served up tonight. "clip" it forward and hope it sticks with fattie....... jaysis lads calla a spade a spade......

Mahons teams played ball, we had Bradley and Mc Faul and the "beast" in the middle guess thats convienentley forgotten when it suits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Can't believe the Youths could be in the hunt for a play off spot this year. We've only three or four lads with proper league of ireland experience in the whole squad!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Despite the loss, I take some positives from our performance. Actually tried to get forward at times. Keith Ward caused some trouble when he came on. Get him back next week against Cork who aren't firing all cylinders and we might even score!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Mahons teams played ball, we had Bradley and Mc Faul and the "beast" in the middle guess thats convienentley forgotten when it suits.
    Except that McFaul rarely got a start and Bradley has a pass completion rate of about 20% and an attitude that makes Joey Barton look like Kofi Anan.
    Mahon's team played ball? Karpaty Lvov would beg to differ.

• Advertisement

Your right lads, i forgot i used to go to Tolka to to see 2 decent teams play ball, forgot how far you have fallen.

We're so bad you couldn't beat us with ten men. gtfo tbh, your football was shíte too.

8 points from that run of fixtures is a decent return for us, expect about 15 more points from the next 6 games though. Probably get 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

I don't understand why Pats fans think Shels should be playing like Barca??

I can only guess it is alcohol related mixed with a drop of frustration.........and add a tinge of dissapointment.......No ice.

I am sure most Shels fans are happy enough so far with the points on the board. 1st season up after 5 down will do that to you. While I head back to reality, go take some painkillers for the head :D

Sean Byrne who's father played for Pats iirc. I also thought he had a solid game. One mistake near the end where he tried to carry the ball out instead of a hoof straight back to ye, and over ran it. Otherwise I thought he di well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Your right. Those three ball playing midfielders were forgotten by Mahon! All it was for yous last year was Rogers with the long ball to Kavanagh, North or Anto Murphy. And it worked. And yous didn't complain then. So get off your high horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

The Pats banner at the start made a lot of us laugh out loud, in a laughing at you kind of way.

dan1895 wrote: »
    The Pats banner at the start made a lot of us laugh out loud, in a laughing at you kind of way.

Pats kids have been brilliant this season and again last night, they the highlight of the match. The banner last night in context

7010599293_d152466b9b_z.jpg

StPatsvShelsMar30th20128.jpg

WFT did it really mean tho?

It was a lazy effort imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭overshoot

great result for harps down in waterford, especially after what happened to ciaran (got treatment on the pitch fro 20mins & was supposed to be out cold for a bit but its looking like the only lasting effect is a concussion,thank god). 16 year old patton came in and saved a penalty along the way (has 11 clean sheets from 15 for the u19s).
    young paul simon tracey also stepped up also after o'donnells injury getting a goal and put in the corner for the og too.
    good thing we brought in 39 year old peter hutton to stabilise the defence keep the age average up:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Des wrote: »
    Bohs score?

A list of things that will happen before the next Bohs goal should be started perhaps...

Derry City to play in the Irish League
    UCD to win the Champions League
    The Titanic to be raised
    The return of Christ
    An asterisk free League of Ireland
    A truce between Cork and Shels

• Advertisement

The Mayan apocalypse is coming. Bohs' descent into the AUL will never happen.

Advertisement