Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Derby are a cracking price to beat Burley, 7/2 .

This away form isnt great this season but they have won their last 5 games.

Also Barnsley to win to nil today against Millwall who have not scored in their last 6 away from home. 11/4

I wouldn't be confident on that Millwall signed H Kane (striker) on loan from Tottenham scored twice in mid-week and from reading it sounded like he struck up a good understanding with Henderson who scored 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

user2011 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be confident on that Millwall signed H Kane (striker) on loan from Tottenham scored twice in mid-week and from reading it sounded like he struck up a good understanding with Henderson who scored 3

Well that was against a ****e league two team, hopefully Barnsley defend better.

Millwall score very few goals apart from that FA cup match.

Anyway we will have to wait and see what happens, best of luck to everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Do PP not have asian markets?

Do PP not have asian markets?

I think only on special occasions they throw them up. :o

No wonder so many people are always asking what they were!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Voltwad wrote: »
    A few observations tomorrow.

Evens on Bury at home to Yeovil, to me seems excellent. Yeovil are struggling and Bury are pushing the top 6.

Stoke at 10/11 at home to West Brom is a no brainer for that price. WBA are languishing down in the lower echelons of the table and have lost Odenwingie to the ACN. This is
    added on to a poor result at home to Norwich last weekend.

Barnsley 11/10 to beat Milwall. Simple really, Milwall haven't won away from home all season.

Birmingham 4/6 to beat Watford. Birmingham unbeaten at St. Andrews still and are on a good run of late. I expect them to push on

Cardiff 4/5 to beat Portsmouth. Just the one away win for Pompey. Big game for Cardiff who have dropped points recently and will want to keep the pressure up on the top two.

€10 returns 240

I'd be wary of Yeovil, they've a new manager in returning Gary Johnson(their most successful boss), signed a few players(former Charlton Athletic defender Kelly Youga and reserve Chelsea keeper Sam Walker) and beat Tranmere last weekend 2 - 1, whereas Bury were well beaten at home by Sheff. Utd. 0 - 3

Cardiff have their Carling Cup semi 2nd leg against Crystal palace next week so they might have one eye on that. May still win but would like to see a lineup before backing them

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

torres9kop wrote: »
    Todays nap is: liverpool bansley freiburg treble. Enjoy ur winnings

Thanks Torres9kop , u seem to be the only one putting a bit of effort into your selections, i will mfollow you on this one too.................;)
    Ur welcome royler. I know u had 5k on the wombles last saturday. Well done. I'll keep the winning naps coming :)))

Fair play to Norwich, hopefully did me a favour in the LMS

Newcastle (vs Fulham): Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; Ben Arfa, Guthrie, Cabaye, Gutierrez; Best, Shola Ameobi

Fulham (vs Newcastle): Stockdale, Kelly, Hangeland, Senderos, Riise; Duff, Sidwell, Murphy, Ruiz; Dempsey, Zamora.

Wolves (vs Villa): Hennessey, Foley, Berra, Johnson, Ward, Kightly, Henry, Frimpong, Edwards, Jarvis, Fletcher

Villa (vs Wolves): Given, Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Clark, Albrighton, Agbonlahor, Gardner, Petrov, Keane, Bent

WBA (vs Stoke): Foster; Tamas, McAuley, Olsson, Shorey; Morrison, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Thomas; Cox; Fortune.

Stoke (vs WBA): Sorensen, Woodgate, Shawcross (c), Huth, Wilson; Shotton, Whelan, Delap, Etherington; Walters, Crouch

Swansea (vs Sunderland): Vorm, Rangel, Caulker, Taylor, Williams (C), Dyer, Sinclair, Britton, Allen, Sigurdsson, Graham.

Sunderland (vs Swansea): Mignolet, Bardsley, Richardson, Brown, O'Shea, Larsson, McClean, Cattermole (C), Vaughan, Sessegnon, Bendtner.

Everton (vs Blackburn): Howard, Neville, Duffy, Heitinga, Baines, Gibson, Fellaini, Cahill, Anichebe, Donovan, Saha

Blackburn (vs Everton): Robinson, Olsson, Givet, Dunn, Pedersen, Petrovic, NZonzi, Dann, Hoilett, Goodwillie, Lowe.

QPR (vs Wigan): Kenny, Hill, Hall, Campbell, Mackie, Buzsaky, Barton, Young, Helguson, Wright-Philips, Ferdinand.

Wigan (vs QPR): Al Habsi, Gohouri, McCarthy, Caldwell, Watson, Moses, Gomez, McArthur, Boyce, Rodallega, Figueroa

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Double
    Peterborough 11/10
    Man Utd 8/5

Double
    Wigan 3/1
    Sunderland v Swansea Over 2.5 Goals 11/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

did two fairly big accs:

Senegal (8/13)
    Cowdenbeath (10/11)
    Oxford (8/13)
    Sheff Wed (4/7)
    Barnsley (11/10)
    Colchester (5/6)
    €20 on it

Cheltenham (4/6)
    Cardiff (4/5)
    Lille (1/4)
    Dijon (3/4)
    Huddersfield (8/11)
    €50 on it

bets chosen basically from advice/tips on here and random teams who are playing lower league opposition....here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Norwich win or draw @ 2.30
    AVB's luck has to end someday. Norwich have only lost 3 games at home this season.

Get in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

Man City to win Aguero first scorer, €10 double

Under 2.5 in the Cardiff, Hull and Blackpool games @ 4.47

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Stoke @ 11/10 pre ko with Boylesports, my only bet of the day today

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Todays nap is: liverpool bansley freiburg treble. Enjoy ur winnings

Thanks Torres9kop , u seem to be the only one putting a bit of effort into your selections, i will mfollow you on this one too.................;)
    Ur welcome royler. I know u had 5k on the wombles last saturday. Well done. I'll keep the winning naps coming :)))
    I mean millwall. Not barnsley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    In all Of Blackburns away games in the league this season both teams have scored. Both teams to score is 5/6, I'll be having that aswell

BOOM!!!!!!!!! gonna start doing this every week. A little research pays off for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Bookies must rub their hands when they see me. Followed the Liverpool Barnsley Freiburg treble. Load of piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Few bets for tomorrow...

Barnsley, West Ham, Huddersfield, Swindon and Grimsby. 10 returns 125

Over 1.5 goals; Leeds/Ipswich, Scunthorpe/Stevanage, Morecambe/Torquay, Alfreton/Kidderminster. 20 returns 50

Anytime scorer; Elding (Grimbsy), Connell (Swindon), Jervis (Preston), McCormack (Leeds). 5 returns 130

Good luck all

Just wondering why you went Elding over the in form Hearn for Grimsby?
    Cos elding scored hat trick earlier during week and hearn generally plays in AM.. Not surprised hearn scored two.. Shocking selections..

Edit: Out of the blue, Kiddiminster score two so thankfully the overs accum came in. Lucky profit all the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ha ha hello

anybody else having rotten luck these last few weeks? down hundreds from fu**ing chasing! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Haven't had a footie bet in ages rotten luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

BET365 are being a joke with suspend monkeys today.. Was the 70th min and backed at least 1 more goal in Leeds,Newcastle, and Stoke games and wanted to add Coventry game when it was 3-0,they had that game on suspend a good 5 mins and in the middle Boro pulled 1 back,added over 4.5 and over them being so slow to unsuspend its cost me a 9/1:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Dont like betting on the Championship but I really like the West ham -1 Ah 2.000 against Nottingham Forest

Really tempting

conceding a goal in the 93rd minute

****ing pricks

bet void

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Esox Lucias

Gone for Steinsson to be shown a card. Can get 3/1 on Skybet for him. Up against bellamy and has 3 yellows in 10 starts.

Gl all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Man United @ 8/5
    Arsenal v Man United
    Match Betting

Juventus @ 4/5
    Atalanta v Juventus
    Match Betting

AC Milan @ 4/9
    Novara v AC Milan
    Match Betting

Udinese @ 4/6
    Udinese v Catania
    Match Betting

Tottenham @ 4/5 +1
    Man City v Tottenham
    Match Handicap -1

Over 2.5 @ 8/11
    Real Madrid v Athletic Bilbao
    Home Goals U/O 2.5

Barcelona @ 2/7
    Malaga v Barcelona
    Match Betting

Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 225.19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Schism wrote: »
    Barnsley vs Millwall - Chamionship

Barnsley Win -- 11/10 ---> Millwall won

Empoli Vs Pescara - Serie B

Over 3.5 goals -- 6/5 ---> 0-2 scoreline

Damn, that was an awful bit of predicting! At least Pescara scored the two anyway. Back to the drawing board I guess :(

• Advertisement

Lads is the betis v seville a big derby in Spain?

I see the ref for this and boy does he loves his cards

but over 8 cards seems a bit high to bet on thou

Double of:
    Under 2.5 in Senegal v Zambia
    Over 1.5 in Nice v Rennes

@ 2.07

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Strongly fancy Blackburn Rovers to at least draw against everton tomorrow. As has been mentioned Rovers have scored in every away game this season. 8 of their 17 points have been achieved on the road. They scored 3 and won in Old Trafford and drew in anfield. I know Yak is suspended but I can still see them do quite well against an injury-hit lacklustre Everton.

Double chance of Blackburn and draw is 11/8. Putting it in double with Liverpool at 4/6. Bolton are dire.
    €26 returns €100.

No comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Lads is the betis v seville a big derby in Spain?

I see the ref for this and boy does he loves his cards

but over 8 cards seems a bit high to bet on thou

Massive (in Seville). Benito Villamarín stadium is a cauldron when these two play.

For -3 asian handicap, is that the same as -2 but my team has to win by 4 and if they only win my 3 stake is void, that correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

For -3 asian handicap, is that the same as -2 but my team has to win by 4 and if they only win my 3 stake is void, that correct?

I think this is how it works:
    if ur teams wins:
    1-0 you lose
    2-0 you lose
    3-0 void
    4-0 win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Basically like a -3 DNB, I think.

Antonio Di Natale @ 5/6
    Diego Milito @ 6/5
    Dries Mertens @ 10/11

My treble anytime scorer

Antonio Di Natale @ 5/6
    Diego Milito @ 6/5
    Dries Mertens @ 10/11

My treble anytime scorer

Which one would you be personally most confident on?

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Which one would you be personally most confident on?

Antonio Di Natale is a goal machine at home but 2 or 3 of their players are gone to the ACN but I dont think it will hurt them that much

if you have a pp account go for the wincast anytime (ring them up and request odds)

Antonio Di Natale is a goal machine at home but 2 or 3 of their players are gone to the ACN but I dont think it will hurt them that much

if you have a pp account go for the wincast anytime (ring them up and request odds)

Cheers, just looking for a "surer" profit as opposed to higher odds trebles and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

AZ to beat Ajax @2,3 is massive.

AZ won all home matches so far this season, conceding 2 goals only. The beat Ajax just a few days ago for the Dutch cup, 3-2. Score was flattering Ajax.

You might want to make it a 4 fold accumulator with wins for Vitesse, Groningen and PSV.

For a goal i favour Elm for AZ, Teixeira for Groningen, Matavz for PSV and Reis for Vitesse.
    For Reis i ll await team news (kick off 11.30).
    Guidette for Feyenoord is also a good option but he is doubtful for the game away to VVV as he had the flu.

EDIT: Guidetti is not in the squad.

Double of:
    Doxa Dramas not to score
    BTTS in Arsenal v Man Utd
    @ 2.40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Anytime goalscorer treble of: Soldado, Rodrigo Lima(Braga) and Di Natale for me. Pays just over 5s. Soldado and Di Natale are no brainers and Lima has been banging them of late for Braga including 4 in their last 3 at home and 9 for the season, they are home to a Rio Ave who do not travel well. Having said that their Joao Tomas is always worth a sneak as he takes pens and will be a good price(haven't checked).

I was looking through the Portugese games last night. Braga v Rio Ave. Braga at home in all comps 7/15 (3 in the last five) have went under, Rio Ave 10/14 away games.

Whats interesting is since Rio Ave got back in the top flight in 2008 all of these games (9) have went under 2.5 BP 11/10 PP

• Advertisement

Two large bets for me today
    Single
    Man Utd 8/5
    Single
    Man Utd Goals over 1.5 5/4

Its a must win game for Utd to keep the pressure on City, can see them winning comfortably with Arsenal's defensive problems

Spurs team: Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Modric, Parker, Bale, Van der Vaart, Defoe.

Man City team: Hart, Richards, Savic, Lescott, Clichy, Milner, Barry, Aguero, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko

Can see goals in this game gone with over 3.5 11/5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I really fancy Man Utd -1 at 4/1 today. Just looking for something else to put it in a double with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

20 euro on Park to score anytime vs Arsneal. 4/1

over 3.5 is 15/8 with PP. Shockingly bad value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I dont think park will play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Shane St. wrote: »

I dont think park will play

I know its dodgy but Park always scores vs Arsneal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

€30 win on Man Utd @ 13/8

€10 win on Man Utd -1 @ 4/1

€20 win over 3.5 goals in City V Spurs game @ 2/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭lamoss

Arsenal not playing well at the moment. split my €5.

Man Utd -1 @ 4/1 = €3
    Man utd -2 @ 11/1= €2

prices from P/P.

• Advertisement

Premier League Matches Man City v Tottenham
    22-01-2012 13:30
    Over/Under 4.5 Goals
    Over 4.5 Goals @ 4/1
    Premier League Matches Arsenal v Man Utd
    22-01-2012 16:00
    Handicap Betting