Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage advisor/broker?

Options
  • 30-12-2014 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

I want to apply for a first time mortgage soon, wondering if anyone can recommend a good broker. I want to at least get some proper advice before I dive in. I made some enquiries in banks during the summer and was told the only place I was coming up short for approval was proof of rent or savings for at least 6 months, which I now have. I could probably go to the banks myself but I'm not great at dealing with these kinds of things and i think maybe a broker who knows the market could get me a better deal.

Also, does anyone know roughly what is being offered out there at the moment? When I looked into it before, the general idea was 80% not exceeding 3 or 4 times your annual salary. I rang the consumer agency recently and while they were reluctant to give any kind of figures, they mentioned that some lenders are going up to 90% now. I'm hoping my application is strengthened by the fact that the rent i currently pay is 2-3 times the estimated repayments on what I'm looking to borrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

We used Jim Gurhy in Carlow and found him excellent. Drew down about 3 weeks ago and got a 92% mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

I used Paul Prendagast in newtownmountkennedy, Wicklow.
    Straight talking no messing,

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Cheers but those are a bit far out. I'm looking in south dublin myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

We used Killian in lucan, known as Killers on boards, and found him excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭TrishSimon

Cheers but those are a bit far out. I'm looking in south dublin myself.

We used Declan O'Boyle based in Phibsboro he is great and wont charge unless he gets you a mortgage he is straight talking and very sound and we found the whole process easy enough with him.
    He is based in the Mason building check him out or PM me for his number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I used Killian aka killers1 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=143901

Found him excellent and never failed to answer a question to help during the process.

Advertisement