Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Dublin - Crowd Pic - Free month of Fight Pass

Options
  • 17-08-2014 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else do the picture in the crowd thing to get a free month of Fight Pass? And has anyone actually got their free month of Fight Pass?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I found and tagged myself. Got a message saying I would get an email on 1st aug to kick off the month of fightpass but haven't heard anything, checked spam as well and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Nothing here either.

The guy posting about it here was a Moderator called Axwell, I'll PM him to see if he can shed any light. Although I think his company were just the photographers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Nothing here either.

The guy posting about it here was a Moderator called Axwell, I'll PM him to see if he can shed any light. Although I think his company were just the photographers.

Hey lads, we just take the photo and provide the service. UFC responsible for the passes. Will check in work on Monday if anyone knows anything but best bet is probably post on the UFC facebook posts from that date or send them a tweet.

Axwell wrote: »
    Hey lads, we just take the photo and provide the service. UFC responsible for the passes. Will check in work on Monday if anyone knows anything but best bet is probably post on the UFC facebook posts from that date or send them a tweet.

Thanks, I figured it wasn't anything on your side but hoped you might have a contact who would know.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Same as, no email form UFC yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads I believe those have gone out now from UFC - I just received mine. Might go to spam folders though so check there.

Yupp just got mine, sound man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Got mine but it says The promotion code you entered is not valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭xtal191

ShaneU wrote: »
    Got mine but it says The promotion code you entered is not valid.

Yep same happening here

Support were useless

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting UFC.TV support. The code of ****** is valid for a free month of Fight Pass. That code must be entered on the purchase page when selecting the monthly option.

UFC.TV Support

• Advertisement

My code is working now, try yours again

Got mine too, haven't tried it yet though.

Do you have to enter in credit card details?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I've received the code as well, but I can't find anywhere to enter it under the "My Account" settings.

Edit: And to anyone signing up I'd say wait until tomorrow to activate your account. That way you'll have all the fights (bar 177) up to and including the Sept. 20th Hunt v Nelson fight. Even better would be to wait until the 23rd, as I don't know if it's the same date on the next month, 30 days or 31 days that's counted as a month for Fight Pass. So if you wait until just before Macao fight, you should get more bang for your (free) buck.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I've received the code as well, but I can't find anywhere to enter it under the "My Account" settings.

Edit: And to anyone signing up I'd say wait until tomorrow to activate your account. That way you'll have all the fights (bar 177) up to and including the Sept. 20th Hunt v Nelson fight. Even better would be to wait until the 23rd, as I don't know if it's the same date on the next month, 30 days or 31 days that's counted as a month for Fight Pass. So if you wait until just before Macao fight, you should get more bang for your (free) buck.

Where did you enter the code? Did you need to enter credit card details?

Does this just give you a free month if you're new?

Or does it give existing subscribers a freebie too?

xtal191 wrote: »
    Where did you enter the code? Did you need to enter credit card details?

I'd presume you have to enter your credit card details. I know I had to when I was getting the free month for signing up. So maybe it'll give you two free months?
    DrPhilG wrote: »
    Does this just give you a free month if you're new?

Or does it give existing subscribers a freebie too?

I contacted customer support. They told me you couldn't sign up for the free month if you're already subbed. They said to just cancel your sub then put in the code when you're signing up again.

Edit:
    Thank you for contacting UFC.TV support. You cannot apply the code to an active Fight Pass subscription. You would want to opt out of the renewal on your current Fight Pass subscription then you can sign up for a new subscription once that expires and use the code at that time. If you need assistance with opting out of if you have any additional questions please let us know.

I got this working for someone who is already a subscriber.

You have to let your subscription lapse. Then instead of clicking on renew subscription you go to one of the events that are €7.99 (which is the Fight Pass sub.) You click on the option to buy fight pass and it takes you to a page where you enter your code.

It's a little confusing but I managed to get it to work. Free sub now for the next month and all the fights this weekend.

Just signed up for my free month so will get to see Paddy, Cathal and Gunni in October. 2 days left to sign up for anyone who hasn't done it yet.

Advertisement