Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanturk Station, Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Are the remains of the station building being leveled as well ....?? Probably not much to keep...
    Where did the line run from / to ??

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

it is rumoured the station itself and the water tower remains are "listed". I doubt that myself, and after the fire, i'd sya demolition is likely, maybe not imminent in this financial climate although it is said an Aldi is to be built there and a new National School.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

I doubt if it is listed, though I did hear thru the grapevine that the buildings were to be incorporated in a new development.

Whether or not the fire started by the town idiots puts a different shade on that I can't say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

walls look sound anyway...so maybe there's hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭fabvinny

Markcheese wrote: »
    Are the remains of the station building being leveled as well ....?? Probably not much to keep...
    Where did the line run from / to ??
    from newmarket to banteer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement