Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nexus 7 where to buy?

Options
  • 26-12-2012 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Hiya. Im looking to get a Nexus 7 as a birthday present in early January. Any ideas where would I find some in stock? Im guessing hmv/pcworld would be sold out at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Comrade Zed

my partner got me one on Friday @ HMV in Grafton Street

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

my partner got me one on Friday @ HMV in Grafton Street

Cheers. I will be near one at some stage so I will take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 scoc

They are due to be in stock in argos by friday if you check the website. I think you can reserve them now aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I find it odd that most Dublin based posters find it so hard to acquire one recently. I walked into HMV on Henry street and picked one up. There were more than 5 left, I was told. I wasn't really too pushed about picking one up either. They are available, but people only seem to be looking in PC world/Currys and Argos. Or else are just posting here positing the notion of picking one up but never getting around to it.

I tried hmv in dundrum and they wont have them for a week. I work near henry st, so I will give that a go when I am back after new years. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

They had them in HMV in Swords two days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bobby10_10

Is it just 32GB devices available now ?

I really have no need for that much storage and the 16 would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

bobby10_10 wrote: »
    Is it just 32GB devices available now ?

I really have no need for that much storage and the 16 would suffice.

The 16Gb are still sold online in some places, Amazon would be a good shout.

No retailer's stock the 16Gb any more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bobby10_10

RossieMan wrote: »
    The 16Gb are still sold online in some places, Amazon would be a good shout.

No retailer's stock the 16Gb any more though.

Cheers. That seems strange to me, any idea why ?

bobby10_10 wrote: »
    Cheers. That seems strange to me, any idea why ?

don't know to be honest, someone else might explain why though.

I seen some on Amazon for 10-200 euro when converted. but I'd probably get the 32Gb, less hassle, and you can never go wrong with the extra space.

• Advertisement

The lower version has always only been available via Google Play.

Argos are starting to get some back into stock, you can keep an eye on the stock levels here:

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=508%2F9325

HMV Grafton and Henry St are out. Didn't know when they would have them back in.

draffodx wrote: »
    The lower version has always only been available via Google Play.

Argos are starting to get some back into stock, you can keep an eye on the stock levels here:

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=508%2F9325

Wrong, you could buy it before the 32gb was released, they then took 16gb off the market for retailers.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Wrong, you could buy it before the 32gb was released, they then took 16gb off the market for retailers.

At that stage the lower version was the 8GB version, not the 16GB.

Just picked one up in PC World Jervis. They had loads left is people are still looking.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

PC World are stocking up in a lot of stores, there is a dedicated thread in the Currys Boards.ie Talk to Forum giving stock updates. I got mine in Liffey Valley !

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

draffodx wrote: »

At that stage the lower version was the 8GB version, not the 16GB.

Argos sold the 16gb version, I work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Not a person

3G version for sale on UK play store

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Im tempted by the Nexus 7 but with the speed at which tablets are coming out am conscious it is already 6? months old?

Any idea when a new "Nexus" Tablet is due?

Also http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57534062-94/google-set-to-launch-$99-nexus-tablet-this-quarter-report-says/ is interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Not a person

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Im tempted by the Nexus 7 but with the speed at which tablets are coming out am conscious it is already 6? months old?

Any idea when a new "Nexus" Tablet is due?

Also http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57534062-94/google-set-to-launch-$99-nexus-tablet-this-quarter-report-says/ is interesting

Every year there will be a new and better version of all devices; tablets or phones. So no doubt there will be a nexus 7s in July or whatever. Although as the years pass the extent of the improvements may not be as significant.

The 32gb and 32gb 3G were only released around October as far as i`m aware.

• Advertisement

Argos sold the 16gb version, I work there.

At that stage the lower version was the 8gb, argos never sold the 8gb.

Advertisement