Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

article-1312732736383-0D56AD7400000578-900461_636x403.jpg

Weeeey!

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

I couldnt get over the negativity here, before the game.

Anyone showed a slight bit of hope got shot down.
    Its the premier league anyone can take points off anyone.
    You would of thought City where playing Sligo Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Champions dig deep to find those goals and City did that whereas we surrendered a two goal lead TWICE to Everton. Those games are the difference.

But ****ing hell, that was cruel. And QPR don't even get relegated for that.

This is just horrible. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Quandary wrote: »
    No way.

We had all accepted it that City had won before today but after that drama it just rubs salt into the old wound.

Exactly this. I'd rather they won it handy than putting myself through that again. I was saying that if they got one, they'd get two. Joey Barton acting like a bell end didn't do QPR any favours, its a pity that Bolton are gone down in their place.

We'll be back next year anyway lads, hopefully with a midfield and half the injury problems we had this year. We've a lot to build on and a lot more to improve on but at least the future is bright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

For qpr to hold them level till the last kick of the game is so sickening. I thought we were more likely to concede than for the 2 goal swing by city

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

It would have been a lot worse imo had city drawn and somehow Sunderland got a last minute goal. As it is we did all we could today.

89 points, mad total.

Would anyone say no to that as next seasons points total right now.

Interesting Summer ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

it must hurt a little more getting the sniff of the title...

not that i know what its like!

but great final day. unlucky united, when its this close the winner deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Football is a cruel enough game as it is, but that was another level. Think this is the worst I've felt as a United fan. I was certain City would win and then I hoped and at one point believed we won it.

Fair play City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Champions dig deep to find those goals and City did that whereas we surrendered a two goal lead TWICE to Everton. Those games are the difference.

Topping off a shítty day...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I know they say it evens out over the season, but just one of these things going our way could have won it.

Newcastle wrongly got a peno for a challenge by Ferdinand
    Wigan got a corner when it was a goalkick, they scored
    Same game, clear handball by a Wigan player.

One thing though, there's a better chance of us winning the league next season than if we won it today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

My response to each and every cnut who tries to slag me (mainly pool fans) is that "i've seen United lift 12 leagues, 2 European Cups and 4 FA cups in my 20 something years.....I've had enough enjoyment to last a lifetime.. i'm happy enough. What have you won?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

PS **** Joey Barton and his 5 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

El Spearo wrote: »
    it must hurt a little more getting the sniff of the title...

It was a lot worse when we lost out to Blackburn & Leeds I have to say from my own point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Worst part is we have to wait 3 months to get back on the horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

One good thing is at least we don't have to play in the charity shield.:D
    well done city,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Samich wrote: »
    PS **** Joey Barton and his 5 minutes!
    Stupid little ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

I know they say it evens out over the season, but just one of these things going our way could have won it.

One thing though, there's a better chance of us winning the league next season than if we won it today :)

Throwing away a 2 goal lead twice at home in the same game (once with only 7mins left) didn't help.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

You forgot to include the x amount of penos won by Young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Thats just stupid talk, the fact is City had more incorrect decisions go against them but they didn't rely on those decisions, they got the job done and for that reason deserved the league.

The reason Utd didn't win the league is not down to incorrect decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    My response to each and every cnut who tries to slag me (mainly pool fans) is that "i've seen United lift 12 leagues, 2 European Cups and 4 FA cups in my 20 something years.....I've had enough enjoyment to last a lifetime.. i'm happy enough. What have you won?"

Cheers, I'm stealing this for tomorrow. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Renn wrote: »
    You forgot to include the x amount of penos won by Young.

It was 2, right? Suppose x makes it sound more dramatic.

losing sucks don't it...

welcome to the losing club :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They started texting me as soon as the whistle blew at the Etihad.Sad that they have to get success vicariously through a team they don't even support.

They finished 37 points behind us and slagging United for losing the league on goal difference is all they can do=sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

We need to forget about today and look ahead to next season,silly season is about to start in the transfer market and above all else we need an all round world class central midfield player, if all we we did was sign modric, schweinstegger or martinez id be reasonably happy, perhaps a world class striker is needed too because we battered sunderland today and for all his good play rooney misses too many chances,he should have had a hattrick today.As much as imnot happy about it fergie is going to stick with carrick, hes a good player but we need better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Mars Bar wrote: »

This is sh1t. Really sh1t. Why the **** could City not just go and ****ing win 4-0.

Dunno why but the sight of Cisse celebrating with Nasri after the game made me lose it. I need a new remote conrol, a repair to the wall beside the tv, and a sedative for the dog.

Going on the beer. Cnuts.

zerks wrote: »
    They started texting me as soon as the whistle blew at the Etihad.Sad that they have to get success vicariously through a team they don't even support.

They finished 37 points behind us and slagging United for losing the league on goal difference is all they can do=sad.

look lads....

ye dish it out, so to be fair ye should expect to take it too.

its a horrible cycle, but this is the life of soccer fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Now we know how Bayern felt in '99, except this is worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

J. Marston wrote: »
    article-1312732736383-0D56AD7400000578-900461_636x403.jpg

Weeeey!

:o

I had thought we won nothing with that jersey until you reminded me.

Which United home jersey have not won something in last?

I have all the home ones since 1994 and I think we have won at least one trophy in all off them.

El Spearo wrote: »
    look lads....

ye dish it out, so to be fair ye should expect to take it too.

its a horrible cycle, but this is the life of soccer fans.

Not as much as what gets dished out when United lose,at least it doesn't happen too often.

Shouldn't you be in the Liverpool thread dissecting your terrible league campaign & planning next years assault on it.:rolleyes:

zerks wrote: »
    Not as much as what gets dished out when United lose,at least it doesn't happen too often.

Shouldn't you be in the Liverpool thread dissecting your terrible league campaign & planning next years assault on it.:rolleyes:

And the other lads should have their everton jerseys off by now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Disappointed for us United fans how it all ended, but well done to City.

Hope Fergie buys some decent players now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

City are going to strengthen an already fantastic squad with big signings during the Summer. Chelsea will do the same, and they won't flop again in the league like they did this year.

Fergie needs at the very very least to sort out the midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Min wrote: »
    Disappointed for us United fans how it all ended, but well done to City.

Hope Fergie buys some decent players now.

And sells some of the dead wood....

If come August I don't see new midfielders & a striker to replace Berba at OT & Fergie claiming "no value" or "City skewed the market" I'll explode.

We were poor for large parts of the season yet just finished second by goal difference,3 decent players and we should be ok next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Devasted. They deserved it. Roll the next season. Let's start making the signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Wonder if QPR knew the full time in the Bolton match.

On saying that United should not have to rely on others.

From the fan's reaction when the stoke goal went in, i'd say they did

The guy in the apartment above me is blaring "Blue Moon".

Well trolled, sir. Well trolled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Just gutted, to lose it like that...
    I don't really have much to say right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭listermint

grasping.....

The guy in the apartment above me is blaring "Blue Moon".

Well trolled, sir. Well trolled.

Reply with "Money, Money, Money"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

alproctor wrote: »
    This is sh1t. Really sh1t. Why the **** could City not just go and ****ing win 4-0.

Dunno why but the sight of Cisse celebrating with Nasri after the game made me lose it. I need a new remote conrol, a repair to the wall beside the tv, and a sedative for the dog.

Going on the beer. Cnuts.

This!

Poor dog. Mine is still shedding from the nerves of it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well in my 40 years lifetime Liverpool have won:

11 League titles, 5 European cups, 6 FA Cups, so that beats you! No need to watch football anymore!

Reply with "Money, Money, Money"

Too petty. I think that the only rational response is to set fire to the whole building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I had Utd fans texting me when we were 2 goals down against chelsea and when chech made that save its turn around a fair play and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

murpho999 wrote: »

11 League titles, 5 European cups, 6 FA Cups, so that beats you! No need to watch football anymore!

But it took 20 years longer to win four more trophies than us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Today's set of results was certainly the wish of Nedum Onouha;
    "If City could finish it off and win the title without finishing us off then I couldn’t be happier"

Possibly a few of the other ex-City players in the QPR team felt that way too.

Yeah, but you're 40, though. Unlucky Granddad.

Hate fans that don't want to watch football just because their team is not doing well. I for one will be watching my team next year, and the year after no matter how they do.

It's almost as bad as gloating when a team that you do not support wins things instead.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement