Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Inflatable Kayak Sevylor K5 poor quality / seams leaking

Options
  • 12-08-2014 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everybody I am new to kayaking. Wanted something decent inflatable for lakes slow rivers. I bought Sevylor K5 Quikpak from USA seller. When it came I inflated it left overnight. But unfortunately it deflated about 2/3 of size. Not happy is this is new out of the box. I stripped the outer layer to see whats going on. All arround boat /main chaimber / is welded seam.On right side of the boat nicely neatly made and cut..on the left side however poorly and excessively cut. With few places where u can actually see the layers of materials.The best thing would be to send it back to seller /this would cost me 150+ Eur :( from Ireland to Florida / I am thinking about to get it fixed. Does anybody know where is the best place in Dublin / Waterford or in between pls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

There is a place in the Marina industrial estate in Cork city that makes a load of plastic gear and inflatable stuff. I can't remember the name as I have passed the place a few times. If your stuck I will try and get the name this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

From the sound of it, you bought it on ebay? Complain to the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 marcelini

Thanks Zuppy. If u have a chance get the name for me. Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 marcelini

wet-paint wrote: »
    From the sound of it, you bought it on ebay? Complain to the seller.

Yes I did, got partial refund and trying to fix it now. As shipping back to florida cost 150+ Eur.

Advertisement