Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEG

Options
  • 26-08-2014 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

I actually booked Friday off work because the Freestyle is on the Rrd Button on BBC. Eventing Cross Country is on Saturday!

Anyone else tuning in??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Do you know if there is any way you can record off the Red Button on SKY??

Wish H & C were showing more of it live rather than the hours round up in the evenings.

elusiveguy wrote: »
    I actually booked Friday off work because the Freestyle is on the Rrd Button on BBC. Eventing Cross Country is on Saturday!

Anyone else tuning in??

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

marley123 wrote: »
    Do you know if there is any way you can record off the Red Button on SKY??

I don't think so
    marley123 wrote: »
    Wish H & C were showing more of it live rather than the hours round up in the evenings.

Or at least waste less time on reining!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TinaOT

I don't think so

Or at least waste less time on reining!!!

Some coverage on Eurosport 2 today & tomorrow

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

A lot of complaints about the going and lack of food outlets etc. online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Did anyone see Charlotte & Valegro's test?? Utterly spine tingling to watch - total perfection. Cracking new music aswell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I honestly thought that Harry was starting to outrun his bad luck. A sad end to a great days jumping.
    http://www.normandy2014.com/news/883/wild-lone-no-88

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Following on from byhookandbycrook's observation, the organisation really seems to have been poor, if reports are anything to go by. I read in the Field yesterday that the officials at the para dressage were wearing those plastic ponchos in the rain which caused a few horses, including Helen Kearney's horse, to shy during the test. It's a pity, as this could be such an amazing experience, despite the poor weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'm flying there later today for the Showjumping tomorrow and Thursday. Darragh Kenny is in 2nd of 153 compeditiors today. The arena in Caen looked good on Sunday on TV anyway.
    Todays start list is available here.
    http://www.normandy2014.com/2014-games/the-disciplines/1/jumping

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

Joey. wrote: »
    I honestly thought that Harry was starting to outrun his bad luck. A sad end to a great days jumping.
    http://www.normandy2014.com/news/883/wild-lone-no-88

Absolutely desperate! Seems like such a great guy and a horse very well suited to him. :(
    convert wrote: »
    Following on from byhookandbycrook's observation, the organisation really seems to have been poor, if reports are anything to go by. I read in the Field yesterday that the officials at the para dressage were wearing those plastic ponchos in the rain which caused a few horses, including Helen Kearney's horse, to shy during the test. It's a pity, as this could be such an amazing experience, despite the poor weather.

Is this not a schooling issue tho? Like if it was someone going to the RDS that was spooked by umbrellas, you wouldn't blame the organisation? I think at that level, para or not, that's an issue for the riders to deal with. I bet if there are people wearing ponchos at the next big event, the horses will all be prepared

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Is this not a schooling issue tho? Like if it was someone going to the RDS that was spooked by umbrellas, you wouldn't blame the organisation? I think at that level, para or not, that's an issue for the riders to deal with. I bet if there are people wearing ponchos at the next big event, the horses will all be prepared

I shouldn't think so. Officials should wear appropriate clothing, not a type that spooks horses. Ponchos are generally brightly coloured, noisy and will blow/move in the wind, so completely inappropriate in my opinion. I've been to lots of shows where judges have asked that umbrellas be lowered so as not to spook frighten the horses/ponies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Home now. A great spectacle. We were unlucky not to qualify for Rio. The excebition park with all the trade stands was the biggest I have ever seen.

Advertisement