Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mc Ski Belfast pre season sale

Options
  • 22-08-2014 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭

Just seen this advert, today anyone looking for kit might be interested

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

www.sportpursuit.com are having a sale on their warehoused gear today, with an extra 20% off using code "PAR20"

Some great deals to be had!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

cormee wrote: »
    www.sportpursuit.com are having a sale on their warehoused gear today, with an extra 20% off using code "PAR20"

Some great deals to be had!

Hate that site so much. Can't use it on an iPad, can't search it, have to register to even browse. Very irritating but will look later.

Anyone know where I can get a backpack (2013) that is no longer made by manufacturer. Dakine changed the design for 2014 and I don't like it. Not a fashion thing. They integrated ABS into it instead of it being optional. Found it for sale on one site in US but they won't ship abroad.

Hate that site so much. Can't use it on an iPad, can't search it, have to register to even browse. Very irritating but will look later.

Anyone know where I can get a backpack (2013) that is no longer made by manufacturer. Dakine changed the design for 2014 and I don't like it. Not a fashion thing. They integrated ABS into it instead of it being optional. Found it for sale on one site in US but they won't ship abroad.

That promo code has expired now! I got a cool ski jacket for €88 - the exact same one is selling for €199 on Amazon! Happy days :D

Also looking at getting myself these http://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Flow_NX2_SE_Snowboard_Bindings_XL_Black_2014-%2858638%29 the reviews are mostly positive but there are a few complaints about he toe strap not behaving. Have you had any experience with them?

Ah so you didn't buy the flows yet. Did you get to try them on somewhere? That toe strap does look problematic. It doesn't look like it will grip enough of the lower toe if that makes sense.

• Advertisement

Just watched the video on them. It looks like you can't adjust the highback angle. Is that right? The highback should be inline with the edge of the board.

I do like the colour. :)

No haven't tried them on anywhere. The toe strap could ben an issue, but some people say the bindings are great, so it may be down to the type of boot worn. Just looking at the photos, the green bindings seem to have different toe straps to the black ones, the black ones seem bigger.

I think there is a dial on the highback, but thanks for pointing it out will look into it. I'd be getting the black ones, not the florescent green!

[Edit]

****e! The extra large has just sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

AlternateID; Which Dakine are you after heli pro? Let me know I know a few places that stock them

I'm afraid it's the Altitude ABS 25l.

This year it's a called the Signal but has the ABS integrated.
    I prefer the option to remove it as most places I visit don't require it and I couldn't use the pack here.

Thanks for the offer Fattes. I have someone heading to the store in Seattle today to collect.

Now what's next on my shopping list for the upcoming season.

• Advertisement

Now what's next on my shopping list for the upcoming season.

Spending the next two days with the sponsors on Snow,testing, promoting and attempting the acquire as much kit as possible!

Fattes wrote: »
    Spending the next two days with the sponsors on Snow,testing, promoting and attempting the acquire as much kit as possible!

On snow! Where are you? Sitting in my office I'm more than a little jealous. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Fattes wrote: »

Nice!

Do you have the ability to get prior season Salomon gear?

I picked up a foresight 3L jacket last week and I'm now thinking I should get the matching pants to go with it, but struggling to find them.

Only in the domes for the next few days! Training shop staff etc.

Advertisement