Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cycling/walking speedo apps

Options
  • 03-01-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭

I have downloaded some of these apps to my phone, but none of them seem to be working.You would think some at least would have worked.Some of them have a start button but others do not.Is there another device that needs to be installed or I wonder if there is something else I should be doing. GPS is turned on for all of them........:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I used the strava app once on a walk and it worked fine. The sports tracks app also worked fine on myold phone aand the nokia before that.
    You'll have to explain more what your phone is and what you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Thanks, its an LG P350 smartphone and I want to see if I can see what speed/distance etc while I am doing either cycling or walking.Not for competition or anything, just for pleasure.I know speed is not an issue while walking ;), but it says so on the apps anyway.I will have a search for that one, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Cardiotrainer is the best I've seen.

Seen it working on at least 10 different models of phones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

+1 for Cardiotrainer

Google's My Tracks also works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

The only one I've used was Endomondo, and it seems good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭G1032

Endomondo sports tracker works perfectly for me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Been using Sports Tracker for years now and it is great - works on Symbian, Windows Mobile, Android and iPhone. It's developed by Nokia and was previously exclusive to their handsets.

Advertisement