Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus and matches

Options
  • 05-11-2003 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Did anyone else notice the lack of buses yesterday evening during the Rangers vs United match?

I get the 123 bus heading to Driminagh and yesterday I was waiting from 6.00 to 7.15 when I gave up and got a taxi with a fellow bus user who had been there since 5.30!!

Up til 6.55 there's supposed to be a bus every 7 mins. Over this hour and a quarter there were only 4 buses, one went straight by even though it looked like there was still room and the other 3 refused to travel past O'Connel Street.

The last 2 buses that would only pick up til O'Connel street blamed a spurios accident and then traffic (it was very light in both directions). When I complained to one driver he just grinned and gave me a 2 finger salute. I was angry yes but I wasn't giving dogs abuse or anything to decide that.

I suspect all the drivers were rushing to watch the match in their club which I believe is near O'Connel street.

I will phone and write a letter but has anyone every had an apology for this kind of thuggery behaviour.

jl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,247 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It is common place to have a minimum service during Irish international matches (there is often minimum demand at these times also), but this is the first time I have heard of it for other matches.

Make sure you put the boot in with your complaint and try to get free goodies out of them.

Advertisement