Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairyhouse - Hattons Grace day query

Options
  • 31-08-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking at come over for the Saturday and Sunday meeting at the end of November

Flying in Saturday morning

On Sunday I can get a flight back at 8pm.

Looking at last years card, the last race was 1520.

Will there be enough time to get the tram back into town and be at the airport for this flight

I can always take my time and stay another night but just wanted some feedback if the 8pm flight would be a rush or not?

Thanks for any suggestions in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Plenty of time. Leave track at 4pm. Be at airport by 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

abarkie wrote: »
    Hi

Will there be enough time to get the tram back into town and be at the airport for this flight

No tram from anywhere near the racecourse but if you can get to Ratoath village sharply from the course (probably taxis available on the day) Bus Eireann 109A service to the airport goes through there - 16.33 Ratoath arrives at airport 17.20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Hi

Please look on Fairyhouse web site

it says M3 Parkway and a free shuttle

http://www.fairyhouse.ie/Fairyhouse/Racing-Information/Map-and-Directions/

By Train

The new M3 Parkway train station connects Fairyhouse Racecourse with Connolly Station and Docklands Station, Dublin. Trains take approximately 30 minutes. A free shuttle bus service will operate between the station and Fairyhouse Racecourse.View www.irishrail.ie for timetables.

Am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

abarkie wrote: »
    Hi

Please look on Fairyhouse web site

it says M3 Parkway and a free shuttle

http://www.fairyhouse.ie/Fairyhouse/Racing-Information/Map-and-Directions/

By Train

The new M3 Parkway train station connects Fairyhouse Racecourse with Connolly Station and Docklands Station, Dublin. Trains take approximately 30 minutes. A free shuttle bus service will operate between the station and Fairyhouse Racecourse.View www.irishrail.ie for timetables.

Am i missing something?
    I'm afraid I took the word tram literally i.e. a Luas type of transport. I just suggested the bus as it is the most direct form of transport to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

Taxi from Fairyhouse to Airport would be €30 or so.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies

Got a 10pm flight to Birmingham going back so no need to rush now - famous last words

• Registered Users Posts: 1 balaarena

Happy Journey....

Anyone got any ticket offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Hi

Just a little bit of feedback, to hopefully help someone

Saturday

109 Bus at 11am from Beresford Place to Racecourse €7.50 day return - journey 40 minutes with wifi

Racecourse entrance €12

Return bus was 40 minutes late

Sunday

The bus times didnt make this an easy journey - too early for 1st race and no return for more than 1hr after last race

Connolly to M3 Parkway (change at Consilla) €6.40 Train

Shuttle bus waits at M3 Parkway for train(free)

Racecourse entrance €15

Return shuttle bus - driver had said 4.00pm but racecourse web site said 4.15pm

Arrived at 4.15pm and got M3 Parkway for 4.38pm train back to Consilla and then a short wait (5mins) for the train to Connolly arriving back about 5.20pm

All the trains had wifi

Fortunately I was on the later flight back otherwise might have had a panic due to O Connell Street being shut off, so Aircoach bus wasn't available and had to walk down to Westmoreland Street and then made my way to the airport in plenty of time

A couple of winners on Saturday, but nothing on Sunday.

Hope this helps someone

• Advertisement
Advertisement