Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ChineseClone

Options
  • 16-03-2013 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Im thinking of buying a chinese android clone Phone, Ive been reading the reviews on gizchina and have several models in mind. In your opinion what would be your favourite clone with no price limit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Factor in the very real possibility of having to pay duty & VAT on anything you bring in from China. Why not go for a Chinese brand? Check out ZTE, Hauwei & INQ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

benji2012 wrote: »
    Im thinking of buying a chinese android clone Phone, Ive been reading the reviews on gizchina and have several models in mind. In your opinion what would be your favourite clone with no price limit?
    I got the star b93m from hongkonggeek, great phone but poor battery.

I had no problem with customs or vat either.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 benji2012

I got the star b93m from hongkonggeek, great phone but poor battery.

I had no problem with customs or vat either.

The phone having a poor battery would be a major issue for me, it going flat after a few hours would not be ideal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

benji2012 wrote: »

The phone having a poor battery would be a major issue for me, it going flat after a few hours would not be ideal
    About 7-8 hours with general browsing. It comes with two batteries!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

The only Chinese clone I've owned is the Star N8000. Cost 137 from Dractotek, although I got nabbed for another 37 by customs.

It looks good, and all the normal functions are there, including dual sim.

Battery isn't great, although I am a heavy user (data connection, sync, wifi hotspot for 3+ hours a day). I would normally have to charge it a little in the evening to keep it going until I sleep.

Camera is awful unless you're in direct sunlight.

Data connection and signal are both weaker than most other phones I've compared it with.

I like it a lot, but if you're used to the S3 or Nexus you'd probably find it maddening. If I was buying a new phone now I'd choose the Jiayu G3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Milfhunter

Look at the THL w1+, its dual core 1ghz, 1 gig of ram, 8 mp camera, 4.3 inch screen. Ordered one off ebay for €120 in total, except it got snatched by customs so samsung can investigate if its a fake. So be careful ordering a phone from China, Luckily the phone I ordered is a real chinese brand and not a clone so if it doesn't pass their "test" I will be insanely angry.

Advertisement