Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire root help

Options
  • 08-06-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just trying to root an O2 HTC Desire, unlocked so I have a meteor sim in it.

Unrevoked is sayin the firmware is too new to root, but i used revolutionary and install the custom recovery. PS hboot is 0.93.

Do i have to install a RUU for meteor or O2, or how do I root this?

I looked on http://shipped-roms.com/index.php?category=android&model=Bravo for the relevant RUU but I dont know which one to get.

The baseband is 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27
    and the build number is 2.29.207.4 CL345089

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

FYI, I just picked any 32.49.00.32U ROM from that site and flashed it. Got some mad spanish one but was then able to root it properly and flash my own choice of custom ROM. Problem with rooting was due to the O2 customisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

hi there, i am having the exact same issue with unrevoked - firmware too new.

i have tried revolutionary but making no progress - it just seems to hang when i install from sd card. is there something i am missing

thanks - any help greatly appreciated

Advertisement