Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kindle Paperwhite Question?

• 17-03-2013 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey guys first time poster i just got a kindle paperwhite today and i dont have access to the wifi internet for a few days i am on the 02 modem net now. just wondering am i able to set up my kindle by plugging it in or does it have to be done over wi fi? i am a complete newbie when it comes to this kind of techo i have set up an account with amazon but i cant seem to make any process from there any help would be great?:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Wagon Watching

I was under the impression the paper white was just an ereader and not an android device at all.

Was going to suggest posting in gadget forum but see you alreafy have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

You can download content onto your PC and transfer it to the Paperwhite via the USB cable. For details, see:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200798780_pw?nodeId=200959620

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rj89

yea quite sorry if a mod could delate this post it would be great:) thanks lads for the advice :)

But i mean like to set up it for the first time does it need to be done by wi fi? as it wont allow me to register my kindle when i sign in to amazon:( it only gives the option of deliver to my kindle cloud reader but i dont no how to get from there on to the my kindle:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Wagon Watching

rj89 wrote: »
    yea quite sorry if a mod could delate this post it would be great:) thanks lads for the advice :)

But i mean like to set up it for the first time does it need to be done by wi fi? as it wont allow me to register my kindle when i sign in to amazon:( it only gives the option of deliver to my kindle cloud reader but i dont no how to get from there on to the my kindle:(

Wierdly I don't think you can register without wifi.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147577

You can get a wifi thing for mobile broadband dongles. If that's any use. One called a Huawei d100 cheap enough, though you get what you pay for. Flaky enough gizmos I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rj89

for the love of god just my luck. yea i was sure that i was missing something but it seems not when i plug in it nothing happens but a removable disc comes up with nothing on it to install then when i sign into my amazon it does not give me an option too update an kindle device i even bough a book via cloud but when i tried to drag it across. it just copied the pic. not to worry just read that thread seems its a once off will go into the library Tuesday thanks for the advice:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement