Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish History...eeeny meeeny miny MO!

Options
  • 01-06-2005 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

K more gaeilge stuff just wondering how have decided which topics to do in stair and how much of it youre doing ...half of them...all of them?(please god say yer not!)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Apparently Ruraíocht is pretty likely this year, I had a list of the other likelies I just can't be bothered to go and get them, sorry! I'l post it up later if I remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

Ruraíocht or Fianniocht always come up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

that would be much appreciated fishie, im only gonna learn 3. Ruraiocht. and 2 others pending on fishie's tips. Prob filiocht na mbard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

I know you have to do 3 main points, at least, for this question.

How big does each point have to be? Just one or two sentences?

I'm going to learn about 5 of them. Rúraiocht is one for shizzle, and a couple of others. I'm not going to learn any people though as it seems pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

OMG I cant believe this I was told to do at least 8 people and about 7 topics argh! Im off to kill my teacher with something blunt and sore. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

yeah....the whole "trí mhórpointí" thing....well *apparently you need more than that....like about 5/6 points to get the full marks..that's what the 'tute said neway and the woman there seemed to know her stuff..

God how I hate Stair na Gaeilge, it's such a load of pointless b***ocks.... Neway I have left out all the poets and about 7/8 other topics....

Fishie - predictions would be much appreciated!

Also, if you are looking for a quick fix, look at the last few pages of each dremire and you will find, in some of them, topics for stair.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

Ruraiocht, bardscoileanna, Gaeilge mar theanga Ceilteach, Atbheochan na Gaelige, Gaeilge sa Mean chumarsaide, i have a few more to learn

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Ok, these are the topics that my teacher reckoned were most important - I am not taking any responsibility if you only learn these topics and none of them come up, if you do that it is your own fault

Ruraíocht
    Gaeilge sna Meáin Chumarsáide
    An t-Amhrán Grá
    Gaeilge mar theanga Cheilteach
    Ogham, gluaiseanna
    Filíocht na mBard
    Béaloideas

randomfella, it's very risky only learning off 3 - remember that this section is worth 5% or the Irish exam, that's the difference between two grades, and it doesn't take that long to learn off a few points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

yeah ur right. In the mocks i only had ruraiocht which i only got 11/15. so only got 11/30 in stair. its easiest marks in the leaving cert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Fishie wrote:
    Filíocht na mBard

k, I'm really confused on this title - do you only talk about the Dán Direach or do you also mention Scoileanna na mBard (v quickly obviously!)

:)

Advertisement