Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonable Hybrids

Options
  • 27-01-2015 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced set of hybrids to replace 3i-5i? Sick of hitting my 3i-4i-5i so inconsistently. Been driving the ball well and hitting my other irons nicely but low irons have consistently failed me (or more likely I've failed them)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Depends on what you mean by reasonably priced really. Some are over 200 but even my choice, the x2hot, at 100 wouldn't be cheap if you were buying three of them.

They're very easy to hit from anywhere on the course from the tee to the rough and even bunkers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ping G15's, a great club and available second hand, just re-grip and you are away...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭big_drive

Seen the Wilson Fg tours at good prices, plus they are adjustable so you could get a good gap between the lofts to suit. and they get good online reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Not sure you need a 3/4/5. 2 would be fine MCguirks are selling off a lot of demo stuff in Swords that seems very reasonable. I like the TM stuff myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

http://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Wilson-Staff-FG-Tour-M3-Golf-Hybrid.html#SID=282

Best price I have seen. FG tours as mentioned above by big_drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Have a pair of the Stage 1 RBZ hybrids from TM. Probably the easiest clubs to hit in my bag.

There have been a few (read "a lot") of subsequent TM releases so I'd imagine if you could find them they'll be going for next to nothing.

The titleist 910 & 913 range always looked good to me too & I'd imagine their price will have significantly dropped too since the 915 range came out

big_drive wrote: »
    Seen the Wilson Fg tours at good prices, plus they are adjustable so you could get a good gap between the lofts to suit. and they get good online reviews

I have two of these, very happy with them, very solid and piercing ball flight, very underrated club IMHO so very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

Tweaky wrote: »
    http://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Wilson-Staff-FG-Tour-M3-Golf-Hybrid.html#SID=282

Best price I have seen. FG tours as mentioned above by big_drive

That's serious value there on those clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

slave1 wrote: »
    I have two of these, very happy with them, very solid and piercing ball flight, very underrated club IMHO so very good value.

As easy to launch from deck as G15s ?
    Even in lower lofts ?

alxmorgan wrote: »
    As easy to launch from deck as G15s ?
    Even in lower lofts ?

Yep, I have an 18 and 22 degree (was using 17 and 23 degree G15s) and both a breeze off the deck, being honest I have not had the chance to use them from rough yet purely because I have not had the need. Also need to throw in the G15s were regular flex and the Wilsons are stiff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

I have a 24 degree MD Golf Seve Icon Hybrid. It's the loft of a 5 iron but travels the distance of a 4.

I have it in a regular shaft and find it great.

http://www.odwyersgolf.com/product-category/golf-clubs/hybrids/?filter_product_brand=79

They've a good range at good prices and keep an eye out for second hand, I got mine in our pro shop for 30 euro.

Advertisement