Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsmart mobile phones

Options
  • 20-10-2014 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

As the owner of a Nokia C1-01 I was wondering how many other unsmart phones are out there. I have it about 5 years, the screen is cracked, but until it conks out, I'm keeping it. :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

madmaggie wrote: »
    As the owner of a Nokia C1-01 I was wondering how many other unsmart phones are out there. I have it about 5 years, the screen is cracked, but until it conks out, I'm keeping it. :p

The term the industry uses now for non-smartphones is 'Feature Phones'. You can imagine them brainstorming the name "How can we name these while not emphasising their lack of features in comparison to smartphones?" :D

I use a Nokia 220, also with a cracked screen, it does the job and only has to be charged a couple of times a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

"Feature phones" eh? I thought it would be something like Phones for Dummies or Stupid Phones. I bet some marketing crowd got paid bucketloads to come up with that slogan. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Sagem my400X, approx 10 year old at this stage. I did put it aside for a year or so when I had a 'semi' smart phone, but I went back to the Sagem. It sends texts, makes calls, has an alarm clock and battery life of almost a week!

I dont need, nor want to be connected to FB or the internet all the time, dont want apps or widgets; my life is perfectly fine without all that stuff.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnUp33HOJPxFrhoMXFpNt7AbfjKF-FuE8wM9CIUwRhqCuD3Jp1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Nokia 6303, just won't die, despite being dunked in water and dropped god know how many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Nice one croppy boy, and whiskey. So I'm not alone in resisting all the latest shiny touch screen yokes. I agree about not needing to be constantly available or online. Half the time I don't even know where I left the phone, though that could be age...:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement