Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telax//Telix Bars?

Options
  • 23-03-2012 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Following on from the yummy United bars....

Anyone got links for Telix/Telax Bars?

They were not very popular, being in a boring brown cover.
    They never really got advertised in Ireland on telly.

One thing I noticed was I heck of a lot of the time when I bought
    these bars as a teenager the paper foil (white paper one side, silver foil the other side) was sometimes double wrapped so it almost made you feel you were
    about to get a Willy Wonka golden ticket when unwrapping.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'd completely forgotten about Telex bars. I used to have one of them in my lunch at school a lot of the time. Sometimes you'd get one that was solid chocolate with no biscuit in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Koloman

I remember them. A dark brown coloured wrapper with the yellow and red "Telex" written on it.

I do remember a TV ad for them that was some sort of space invaders type ad. Lots of stars with flying telex bars!

Did Jacobs make them?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I think I remember them - the biscuit had an odd texture if I am recall correctly.
    Was the bar kind of in 3 sections with a dip at each point or was it solid with the name on the bar - stumped on that one...
    (Still prefer the Texan)...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

These were delicious.
    Did the ad go like this?
    "Telex,the biscuit bar.Smooth on the outside,crunchy on the inside.
    Get the message? yeahhhhhhhh"

:D.....jebus.but I'm full of useless information!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kinsy4

Just checked the interweb for what seemed like minutes. There is no mention of Telex bars or images of one on the web. Might have to call Matlock. Have you finally found something that Google cant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ahh, I loved these bars.

Also from the same era but not as nice with an annoying ad to go with it were Trio Bars:

TRIO%201987.JPG

Oops, massive size.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Taltos wrote: »
    I think I remember them - the biscuit had an odd texture if I am recall correctly.
    Was the bar kind of in 3 sections with a dip at each point or was it solid with the name on the bar - stumped on that one...
    (Still prefer the Texan)...

Said ad is in this break:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdOzwD7wdZk

Advertisement